Melbourne, FL
Wickham Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #13 (Taken 9/2009)

Hmmmmmmm

2-4    3/8/2011   3/9/2011
Review By: brockkcorb
Pros: Long enough to stretch the arm out, on a afew holes.
Cons: most of the holes feel like deja vu. the same holes over and over again. There are some tight fairways ( open for 250+ then play into the woods), which make it reasonable, but there are no unique holes, most of them seem pretty much the same. if you can throw a roc or buzz 250-300 accurate, and you can throw a fairway driver 300- 350 and you can throw a s curve beyond that ( no huge left turn holes), you are golden... lefties should have no more problems than righties at this course. overall: its flat, most holes call for the same shot.... i thought about doing the melbourne open, but not now. i was dissapointed.
Other Thoughts: i'm from daytona... i wouldn't make the drive again.

Wickham is not the best.

5+    1/31/2010   2/1/2010
Review By: scauzilloc
This review was updated on 7/27/2010
Pros: The front nine has a lot of open area to throw a good long powerful drive. There are multiple basket placement areas so things get mixed up often. The back nine is a bit more challenging than the front nine since it is more dense with foliage. You have to be more precise.
Cons: This course is not very well marked and for anyone playing the course for the first time can and will get lost. The signage is in disarray and for some holes there is nothing. They laid some new pads down and made them much shorter. Some of the brush on the back nine can gobble up discs. A lot of campers and RV'ers tend to use this area to walk their dog and they don't clean up after. So be careful, you might get an unwanted present from a pooch.
Other Thoughts: Also. This is not the best course in Brevard. try out the other course at Burton before making a judgment. Be careful of the disc golf stealer. There is an older gentleman who lives in one of the RVs that comes around when the course is not busy searching for discs. If he gets yours he will not call the number, but he will sand it down and turn them in for cash to Play It Again Sports! I had a great drive and before I could get to my disc he came by on a golf cart, scooped up my disc and drove off with it. I hunted him down and made him give it back. He also hides around the 18th hole and waits for you to throw, especially if it goes into the lake. He has a contraption that retrieves the disc and then he will drive off in his car.

Fun for the family

1    6/28/2009   7/1/2009
Review By: BILL7718
Pros: I liked the mix of clean fairways and obstacles, which consist of trees with clumps of saw palmettos and other bushes around them. The tees for the next hole were close to the baskets from the previous hole, so we didn't have any problem following the course for the first time.
Cons: Its very flat and does not have a lot of shade. Bring sunscreen. Some of the tees are close enough to the previous basket with parallel fairways that you have to be aware of who's ahead and behind you on the course.
Other Thoughts: I'm introducing my family to disk golf now that my shoulder is better, and this was a fun course for the whole family. The trees and bushes provided just the right level of interference, and we easily recovered our disks. We couldn't immediately find basket 1, so we started on hole 12. The water shot on 18 was tempting for me, but there's no way the rest of my family could play the hole, so we skipped it. We played in late June the day after rain, but the course was dry and we did not have any bug problems. The 4 photos posted as of this review are a good representation of what most of the course is like.

Watch your discs

1    11/14/2008   3/29/2009
Review By: kuhlbeans
Pros: Course has a decent variety of shots and the large palm-like plants make for a lot of guarded pins that are hard to get at. The closing holes have water hazards to give a little bit of interest. Plenty of holes where you can really try to rip a drive without much penalty for an errant shot.
Cons: Pins are rotated by there are no alternate tees. Most holes were signed but no markings for the next tee, so sometimes it was hard to figure out where to go. Signs and baskets seemed to be in a bit of disrepair.
Other Thoughts: I joined up with a local half way through this round (I was in town on business) and he told me this park was by far the best in the area, though I was not all that impressed. There is almost no elevation change on the entire course, which normally I'd count against the course, but this is Florida by the coast so there isn't much choice for the course designer.

Local

5+    3/21/2009   3/23/2009
Review By: DarrenFL
Pros: I play this course about 2 times a week sometimes more. It is a really fun course to play! Often change basket placements which adds a lot more variety of play.
Cons: too many bushes!! sometimes have to wait for players due to losing disc.
Other Thoughts: love it.

Fun Course

5+    2/21/2009   2/22/2009
Review By: rjgarment
Pros: Front 9 fairly open. Tees and baskets in good condition. Challenging back 9. Friendly locals. Handicap league 3/4 Sundays a month.
Cons: Palmetto thickets surround every pine tree, sometimes gobbling up discs. Back 9 has blind holes where it's best to get a spotter about halfway up the fairway, or you will spend at least 15 minutes looking for your disc. Signs aren't very descriptive.
Other Thoughts: Alternate tees would be nice. I've been going 4 weeks in a row, and never encountered these "drunks" I keep hearing about, just friendly, helpful locals. Nice course overall.

Local

5+    5/19/2013   1/19/2009
Review By: hdw292
This review was updated on 5/23/2013
Pros: Great combination or long and short holes. You may not get a good drive on some holes but if you have a good upshot you'll be right next to the basket. The back has been controlled burned so there are more areas to get your disc through now that werent there about 5 months ago.
Cons: The only thing I think that is bad is that when they change the basket placement they either put them all long or all short, I think they should mix them up so your not always unleashing it or throwing short but so that some you can throw short and other just let it rip.
Other Thoughts: People want to put in the cons about the park being "flat", your in Florida what do you expect? You want hills go to the central or west coast of the state. I live about .5 miles maybe closer to the park entrance, i'm there faily often as do I travel to other parks in the area and Orlando. Once you get to the central part of the state and go north and also west is where the hills start so if your gonna complain about it then please dont play it. I love the park ive grown up playing it since I was 8. I've seen it go from 18 to 22 and back to 18 holes now. This park is my disc home. and also PLEASE pick up after yourselves with trash and ciggerette butts. We find them all over the place.

Waste of time!

1    12/6/2008   12/6/2008
Review By: theGryphon
This review was updated on 10/20/2009
Pros: None.
Cons: Too many.
Other Thoughts: I have removed my long and hateful review of this course. After several trips to this course with nothing positive to say, I'm done with this course and will not return to play here again.

Very Fun

1    11/29/2008   11/30/2008
Review By: crouchingwombat
Pros: Really like this course. Once I found the tees everything was smooth. All of the holes are different and some offer nice challenges. 18 was fun with the lake in the middle.
Cons: With so many pin positions there needs to be a map at the beginning to show the current pin locations. Some next tee signs would be nice also, but aren't necessary.

1st time in Florida

1    8/31/2008   9/23/2008
Review By: simpletwist
Pros: Good distances for long throwers. Coming from the north the palm trees and the local critters make for an interesting change of scenery. The most interesting holes are all on the back 9. And the water on 17 & 18 make this a particulalrly interesting course.
Cons: The layout was confusing and we never found some of the tee boxes or baskets (holes 6-9 if I remember correctly) Being in a busy multi use public park there may be other park users in the line of fire. On number 5 we had a Dad and his 2 children using the fairway for ball golf practice. They were polite and stepped out of the way so we could "play through."
Other Thoughts: I realize reviews should come from a fully played course, but since we could not find all of the tee boxes or baskets, I think this simple review still has merit.