Greensboro, NC
Guilford Meadows Share
Uploaded By: KenTyburski Hole #11 (Taken 11/2012)

Looking better!

5+    7/26/2015   7/27/2015
Review By: hoppedup
Pros: This course is on a really nice piece of property next to a community garden.

The Innova Discatcher baskets are in great shape.

I have played this course several times and have only run into one other person playing. So it is not likely to be crowded.

The fairways are in much better shape than they were when I played this course last year. That one other golfer I met is named Rob and he has been doing some work on the course, with the permission of Guilford College.

The signs are new to me and pretty cool. Some were missing and others laying on the ground beside their makeshift posts, though.

There is a nice mix of left, right and down the middle basket placements. You can air it out on 9,10,11, where fairways are clearly mowed and the rough is only 7 or 8 inches high, so finding discs is no issue.

Cons: Some of the baskets (particularly 3,4,13) are surrounded by trees that make them like a fortress. Possibly the only option at an ace run is to throw a spike and hope for the best.

The rough here is rough. The only saving grace is that in most places it is so thick that your disc won't go far into it. The trees here are grabby. I've had more discs stuck in a tree on this course than all others I've played combined. There are a few other places where you are forced to throw way high or low due to limbs.

Some of the lines and gaps on this course are tight, tight, tight. This may be a pro for others, but I'd prefer a little more room to maneuver.

There was trash all over the course. I will be armed with a trash bag when I return. It is probably not students doing this as there aren't many here over the summer.

Navigation is not intuitive, so take a map or go with someone who knows the course.

The rubber mat tee pads aren't that bad, but some are really short.
Other Thoughts: This course is fairly wooded other than 9,10, 11 which are in an open field. There are sharp turns left and right to baskets. Hole #1 provides the hardest gap as you through about 60 feet in the open to a six foot gap between some trees into the woods.

On our second round we took turns spotting, as there are a lot of blind throws. On hole #6 the basket is blind and to the right. Do not throw to the basket you can see straight ahead, that is 17.

Even with the negatives, this course is fun and could be a real gem with a little more TLC.

Good Start

5+    12/16/2012   12/27/2012
Review By: avillion23
Pros: -Decent flow from hole to hole
-Good mix of technical shots, some holes for the big arms too
-Seems to improve each time I get out and play
-Nice new baskets
Cons: -Thick and sometimes thorny undergrowth is everywhere, off the fairway...wear long pants or be accurate
-To me this is a pro because I am left handed, but the course plays really well to lefties or a good RH flick
-No teepads yet, but I hear they are on the way
-No signage yet, take a pic of the map with you the first time or head out with someone that has played previously
Other Thoughts: This course is improving quickly, and in a year or two it should be in pretty darn good shape. Just need some bush hogging of the briars and some trees trimmed and it will improve dramatically. The tee pads are still being adjusted to improve play and I think once it is dialed in, this will be a really fun course.