Turner, ME
Stevens Mountain View Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #9 (Taken 6/2013)

Favorite course in the state

5+    11/2/2014   11/9/2014
Review By: Koldes
Pros: This is my favorite course in the state. Although Sabattus and others are great, SMV does it for me. I love the layout, open opportunities to rip some drives and the balance of the variety of holes, towards the middle of the course.

Tim, the owner, is a great guy. Talk to him about his course and he'll share lots of details about his plans for upgrades over the next few years to make it even better than what it is.

For any travelers visiting our state, I highly recommend this course. The country hillside and views you get while playing really represent our beautiful state well.

Over the past year, concrete teepads have been put in for 17 out of 18 holes.

Although it's a great course, it's not extremely popular as of this writing. I've never had to wait for groups in front or had them come up behind me.
Cons: The biggest con with the course is the wetness of it. There are several areas that are awful during the winter and the few months of thawing out afterwards. You WILL need rain boots or your sneakers will get soaked on several spots.

The signs for each hole are not up and some of them are inaccurate (slightly) for where the previous tee pads were. It's not a bother as you can see many of the baskets from the tee bad, but it would be nice for newbies to the course if the signs were better.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I love this course The Pros far outweigh the Cons. If you have an opportunity to play here, grab your distance drivers, hit the course, and thank me later!

A Nice Addition to the Maine Disc Golf Scene

1    12/16/2012   12/16/2012
Review By: Menacewarf
Pros: The course is nicely designed to ballence playability with challenge. Although most holes are fairly open and use the undulating landscape or sparse trees to define the hole, there is a nice wooded section of about 6 holes which adds some variety and challenge.

The baskets are beautiful new Innova Discatchers, the frequent choice of courses in this part of the world. There are signs directing you to each teebox.

The layout is well done with, very few walkouts to speak of, and good buffers between different fairways and greens. The course is well ballenced in terms of shot shape and hole distances. Also there are three legitimate two drive holes, one early and in the woods, with two more in the final stretch of holes. I had a great time playing even with the temperatures well below freezing and the back of my hands numb. My girlfriend just walked but also said she'd come back to play which is always a plus as far as I'm concerned. Overall I was impressed with this course and will play it more.
Cons: Many of thhis fairways in the field were solid Ice beneath the grass so I imagine the course floods and can't be played in wet conditions.

No improved tee pads are in yet and simply flagged. The addition of improved tee pads will make my rating go up at least a half disc.