Course Extinct
Hole #1

Unique playing experience

1    4/24/2009   8/16/2009
Review By: The Drake
Pros: A solid course with a good test of distance. Some very lengthy true par 4s make for a true test of distance. The course itself is very well maintained as you can imagine being on a ball golf course. Well marked with pro and am tees.
Cons: any of the holes are just alike. In an effort to blend with the ball golf course it takes very similar lines and uses the same fairways which leads to a lot of boring straight shots.
Other Thoughts: Being from Birmingham, Al. this course provided a very unique experience for me as I've always been curious to see what its like to have a combined disc golf/ ball golf course. During my particular round there was a pairing of ball golfers playing almost simultaneously with me. I felt like the flow worked well.

challenging

2-4    12/31/2008   12/31/2008
Review By: progprowl
This review was updated on 3/2/2009
Pros: -The course is clean, well maintanied, and challenging.
- Living in San Diego you can play here to work on distance and Morley for the short game. I play here in the summer and it is a great change-up from Morley or Montiel.
-Many challenging shots with hills behind holes (Don't go left on hole one, or you'll be at the bottom of the hill).
-Be sure to bring your Dragon for the holes where water comes into play. (They send a diver into the ponds once every few months)
-Some great holes for roller shots if you have a good one in your aresenal.
-Holes are clearly marked with maps and signage. Garbage cans and Benches are present.
-Nice rubber tees make for solid driving surfaces.
-Carts are available as well as Beverage (Beer) cart patrolling the course.
-Great Pro Shop with lots of discs and food.
Cons: -Competing with Ball golfers can be difficult, although it can be fun to play both at the same time (when they aren't busy).
-Course is designed with Ball golfers in mind not us. Accuracy is important, shots on the golf green or sand traps are out of bounds.
Other Thoughts: I don't like that they don't allow play on peak Ball golf times. I tried to go at 2PM on a Saturday during the summer and was turned away. I played again recently and upgrded to a 3.5 Disc rating. I was bitter before about the turn away. This turned me off for a while. I realize that ball golf is where the money is for the owner. Beautiful green setting is a great change of pace from the brown of the SD landscape.