Lakewood, WA
Fort Steilacoom Park - Southeast Share
Uploaded By: sillybizz Hole #3 (Taken 7/2014)
3 / 383ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

poor signs-no map---still not that bad/hard!

1    8/1/2013   8/2/2013
Review By: longandwrong
Pros: Wide open mostly. The real long holes have no obstacles to speak of. In fact if I didn't know better I thought I was playing a course in the midwest. Big arm long throwers this course is for you!
Cons: Hole number 3 is hard to find after you finish hole 2. Plus the basket for 3 is not easy to identify. A basket number sign on top of the baskets would really help. Once you are past 3 in gets easier. Some confusion on baskets for 8 and 10. Which one do I go for? We did the wrong one for 8 but it was okay...10 we waited for a couple of players behind us and asked...that helped. No bathrooms anywhere. Trash is your responsiblilty. Course has way too many MANDO's...I suppose this helps make the course more of a challenge. I ddin't think it was necessary because it's a fairly easy playing course.
Other Thoughts: When you walk up onto hole 1 very large pad and you look out and see 4 or 5 baskets---you are not going that way. The (hole) sign at the pad is pretty good...your basket is parallel to the entrance road and across the road going up to the faculty at Steilacoom. Throw across the road and you are on the way. (watch out for the Mando :( LAST thought: If you have played the Northwest course here at Ft. Steilacoom this course is so different..."night and day" different. In fact you would think how can they be on the same property. Come spend a day, play both courses and see for yourself. Oh... Northwest course is harder to navigate, in fact, way harder!