0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: 1. This is my home course and I love almost all holes, except some.
2. Good concrete tee pads on all holes with sign. First 10 holes are decent.
3. Multiple tee pads and pin position.
4. Now they have started to mow grasses frequently than they used to be.
5. Good mix of open fairways and woody holes
Cons: 1. Cost to play even after taking $2 for entrance. The cost should go to the improvement of disc golf course but it doesn't seems it is going for disc golf. If my $1 per visit goes just for mowing than where does my $2 goes. At least benches could be placed in each tee pad area that would make me think that my money is well utilized.
2. There are some trees unnecessarily kept in the middle of the fairway. At least one or two trees needs to be cut down in hole number 13, 15, and 16. The skinny tree in hole number 15 from white tee is just so much annoying even though the hole still needs a great technical shot with a danger of death roll at the end.
3. Hole number 8 is missing and it needs to replaced.
4. Multiple placement of pins is annoying sometimes; for example, hole 1, is it par 3 or 4 or 5? I know it is a legit par 3 for pin A and B, but I am confused with pin C, it doesn't seems like 830 ft from the blue tee. Everybody seems to be taking pin c as par 4 but according to sign, it is par 5.
Other Thoughts: It is a good but very challenging course, especially the last 11 holes. Multiple tee pad is definitely a plus which gives opportunity to every level of players. There are a lot of other activities you can do in your visit.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Great course. Good mix of wooded and open holes. 1-10,23 are pretty open holes with a few tight shots required. 11-22 are in the woods and require more precise shots to par. Blue, white, and red cemented tee boxes with 3 different basket locations. Not much water to deal with other than a marsh on hole 21 that is pretty nasty (lay up if your playing from blues).
Cons: Cost $2 parking $1 to play, but not too bad. Closed Mondays. Hole 17 is way to tough, to tight and long for par 3.
Other Thoughts: Overall fun course. I play it 2-3 times a week and still haven't gotten par. Can be -3 going into hole 12 (wooded holes) and come out +3. Clean park, friendly staff. Theres a beach and fishing permitted as well if your planning on making a trip out with the family.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Quiet Park in the Countryside
Pros: Scenic, quiet park in the countryside that will challenge all of your game. The park is well maintained and though you pay $3, you get a nice 23 hole gem in an area sadly lacking of courses. I really like the multiple teepads and the wonderful signage. Really easy to find your way around. The layout is trees and field through the first 11, then sends you into thick woods for the latter half.
Cons: Though I really enjoy the course, a couple of the holes on the front nine are too open (7,8,23) , and a few on the back are almost too narrow for their length, leaving no room for any kind of flex shot (to give the distance you need to get par). A few holes in the woods seem like repeats of each other (the shorter ones). Navigation is tough finding hole 9 and 23, perhaps a "next tee" sign could be placed on these.
Other Thoughts: Kudos that they have posted some par 4's and required the golfer to use effective placement in order to achieve par instead of using length alone to bump up the par
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.