Needs a little bit of polish to be great
Pros: This course is VERY technical. Very. There are lots of small laned holes in the woods that require some crazy types of throws.
1) I do like the fact that there are maps available at the pro shop. However, they really do nothing in helping a new person find their way especially when you get to #5 and can see 4 baskets (and not #5!!!) in the open holes.
2) Very good mixture of throws you NEED to have. You will use your whole bag on this course.
3) Lots of work has gone into putting this course in and the fact its at 85% is so frustrating. It fits the natural terrain very well.
Cons: 1) Very, very, very difficult to find the next tee on quite a few holes.
2) The rough. 25-30ft raspberry thickets. Yes, thickets. Why do you need four of them on #5 on a blind tee shot? Its just completely unneeded and completely unfair to the players.
3) The amount of crawling over and under logs that have fallen is flat out STUPID. Its completely dangerous and some of them have been there for quite a while. I stepped on one to go over (I think on #3) and it broke in half nearly taking me to the ground.
4) Natural tees suck. This course deserves so much better. Concrete tees would add one point to my review easily.
5) Lots of blind throws on some of the wooded holes that require a spotter thanks to the rough. Even with a spotter you can quite easily loose a disc when its only 5 feet off the fairway.
6) The trees that have the huge 12-15" throws need to come down. Again, very, very unsafe for the players.
7) The amount of baskets placed around a corner is just too much. Especially when they are placed around more raspberry thickets. Again, it just penalizes the player way too much if it goes in there.
8) Flags are sorely needed on the baskets in the woods.
9) Why the heck are there no trash cans or benches ANY WHERE ON THE COURSE!?!?!!?
Other Thoughts: I wanted to like this course so much. Most of the reviews are completely spot on. Its so sad because it has a TON of potential just like Rend Lake and this area will have two 4.5+ courses.
I'd call ahead to the golf pro shop and asked if the grass had been mowed recently before heading out or it could be a very very long day of playing golf.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.