Lancaster, OH
Flat Rocks DGC Share
Uploaded By: JoseCafe704 Hole #5 (Taken 10/2010)
Hole #5 Approach

Flat Rocks: I'm in love!

1    9/20/2014   9/26/2014
Review By: Billy K2
Pros: Flat Rocks DGC was the final stop on my southeast Ohio disc golf spree. I had a ton of fun here and it is one of my favorite courses. The design was phenomenal. The designer really took advantage of the epic terrain, and delivered a great course! There was a lot of landscaping throughout the course, and it really caught my eye. I'm a fan of rubber tees, and these ones were pretty grippy.
Cons: I couldn't find any restrooms on the course. I could see a few areas where navigation could be a problem, but I didn't have a hard time finding my way around the course.
Other Thoughts: Flat Rocks was tag perfect course to end my little roadtrip. It wasn't overly frustrating, or too easy. I reccomend you check out this course if you are in the area!

1    7/16/2011   7/16/2011
Review By: chipstar
Pros: Well kept fairways
Moderately wooded, but not so much as to make it impossible
Long and short tees
Benches and trash cans at pretty much every short tee
Cons: More signage is needed, it got a little hard to find the next hole sometimes
The baskets are old and the chains are very stiff
Other Thoughts: This is an awesome course, the park it is in is amazing, beautiful rolling hills, lots of trees and wildlife.
There is a great variety of holes, some short that require precision and some long that let you open up and chuck it.
Very easy course to score well on

Flat Rocks DGC

1    10/15/2010   10/21/2010
Review By: JoseCafe704
Pros: Very well maintained course. Usually when I encounter courses that have actual mowed fairways, as in ball golf, I find they're not very condusive to play, as you need to be more concerned with what your disc encounters in flight, more so than where it lands. With Flat Rocks though, there are often several fairway (heizer, anheizer and straight) paths mowed to accommodate all throwing styles. That is something I have yet to see anywhere else. Another thing I don't see too often is the nice fact that the park seems to exist solely for disc golf, which eliminates the problem of multiple uses that you see in most parks...Everyone there is doing the same thing you are. The old conveyor belt rubber tee pads are awesome. You couldn't slip on one of those if you tried! Just about every hole has some sort of obstacle or flight path that will reward good shots, while penalizing poor shots. Good mix of wooded and open holes as well.
Cons: Difficult to get to the park. Lancaster isn't always the most fun place to drive in as is, let alone well off the beaten path that is the old Route 33. A few of the "Hard Rocks" tees seem to have extremely difficult placement...Like they should be entitled "Impossible Rocks" instead. I had to avoid a few of these.
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses I've played. If I didn't live so far away, I'd play this one a lot more often. A great course to hone your skills! Highly recommend this course!

Flat Rocks

5+    8/2/2009   3/2/2010
Review By: kyle420420
This review was updated on 3/28/2010
Pros: -Great use of the land
-Good mix of open and wooded holes
-Elevation changes
-Well Maintained
-Porta-potty on site
-Plenty of parking
Cons: -Awkward baskets
-No pro shop on site

Other Thoughts: I love this course it is very well takin care of. It is one of my favorit courses in the area. Practice tee. Plenty of parking. Never very crowded. Very clean. I would recomend this course to any one who is in the area.

Home Sweet Home

5+    9/3/2008   9/5/2008
Review By: Hunt
This review was updated on 5/28/2009
Pros: It has made me ready for all others courses...A little uphill and down hill...Blind and within view...forehand backhand...wooded and open
Cons: That it snows in the winter.....
Other Thoughts: Home course and wouldn't have it any other way....first ace first birdie and bogeys....LDGA is also a great club with 2 tourneys a year so far...more to come! Come say hi at weekly random draw doubles on Wednesdays @ 530pm when it gets dark earlier and 6 when more daylight is available *not during winter
Sundays at 11am every week all year!
$3 entry($2 to payout $1 to ace fund) $150 ace fund!
http://scodg.proboards.com /