New Braunfels, TX
Prince Solms Park Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #8 (Taken 4/2009)

I Like This Little Course

2-4    3/22/2011   3/22/2011
Review By: Von Roll
Pros: Great for a quick game of DG.
There at least two holes with elevation changes.
Two holes have decent lengths.
Great course for improving your game.
The beauty of New Braunfels shines through on this course.
Two holes have the potential for you to end up in the drink.
Hole 6/7 is a great place to take a dip in the Comal on a hot TEXAS day.
Cons: Can be very crowded during "peak" season as this park also has a tube chute for river toobers, tennis courts, etc.
Seems as if the DGC gets the least amount of attention from park officials (no signs, good teeboxes, or course map)
Not the best layout.
Most holes are played in a fairly open field.
Most holes are short.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoy this course for improving my game (AKA practicing) Every time I've played here I have had some pretty strong winds adding to the difficulty of this tight course. In addition, this would be a great course to teach someone the game while you up your two shot game and enjoy the Beauty of the Comal river.

Prince Solms

1    4/23/2009   5/6/2009
Review By: zj1002
Pros: In a great location on the river and next to Schiltterbahn(giant amazing waterpark). Float the river, drink a little, and play some disc golf. I can't think of a better way to spend the day and this course allows you to accomplish all that.

Holes 6-8 are definitely "Houck Holes". Not sure which of these holes are his design but they sure feel like his usual stuff. Hole 8 is on hands down one of the hardest holes I have ever played and is a really nice challenge. Unloaded my bag twice on the hole and only got one disc in birdie range.

The tee pads, while dirt, are worn and in present little problems teeing off because they are well worn in.
Cons: Aside from Hole 8 the other holes offer little challenge. You can play the whole course with a putter and midrange and come out under par.

Traffic from pedestrians going to the river delayed my group at times.

A few fairways still overlap at times. The hole locations are poorly marked and we had to follow a local group in order to get started. Hole 9 is not easy to find if you are not familiar with disc golf. I could see people giving up after hole 8 because 9 is back near hole 4 and is poorly marked.
Other Thoughts: The course is great if you just want to have fun while playing disc golf. As previously stated Holes 6-8 will offer the biggest challenge. I still can't get hole #8 out of my head, it has become one of my favorites in the central TX area.

I take disc golf very seriously, but most of my friends are casual about it. They did not like playing with me at the "big" courses but really enjoyed this place because it allowed them to have fun and play well. The New Braunfels area makes for a great day trip as well.