Durham, NC
Bethesda Park Share
Uploaded By: CarlBuddig Hole #18 (Taken 4/2013)

Yep

2-4    5/23/2013   5/24/2013
Review By: New013
This review was updated on 6/10/2013
Pros: Layout - It's deuce or die here; everything is short, tight and begging for a run.

Some nifty shots are carved in to the woods that'll make you consider disc selection. Most holes are on the straightish side but little bends and movement left or right at the basket helps keep it interesting. Some double fairways.

Lots of elevation changes help spice up this short course. A creek system that runs throughout also adds in some challenge making you think about placement.

Some interesting greens placed along the creeks, dropoffs, boulders...

Atmosphere - Very interesting modern but rugged type park. It has covered basketball/tennis courts with lights. A huge ropes course and now this sweet little course.

The area used by the course is mostly away from the rest of the park. I havent seen anyone else walking through that part but there is a walking trail.

Equipment - New tee signs have replaced the not so great rocks. All but one pad is natural. Nice new discatchers. Some directional signs.
Cons: Layout - Everything is in about the same length and mostly straight. It gets a bit monotonous and could of been mixed up more.

Some weird transitions in parts that can make it confusing.

Atmosphere - Lots of mosquitos and ticks out here, I was getting ambushed which is not unusual this time of year but here it was amplified. It gets muddy/swampy in a few parts.

Equipment - The tees could use some more work on the leveling front.

Not enough directional signs telling you where to go at points. Did a lot of walking back and forth my first time.

No benches/trashcans throughout the course.
Other Thoughts: I like it in a way, I think I prefer it over some of the other short dinker courses around. The elevation changes helps with that.

#12 is a nice signature hole; and it even uses an old concrete pad. It's a more open shot with a creek about midway and then another creek right behind the hanging basket.

(Note: this course was redesigned and built on top of an older 9 hole layout. if you see concrete pads those are for the old layout and not the new one, except on hole 12.)

Possibly best Triangle beginner course?

1    1/25/2013   1/25/2013
Review By: pfpro
Pros: - great design. Never played the old course, but really like this one. I think the layout is thoughtful. It is an easy course for a moderately experienced player. The great thing is that the basket location of each is just tucked away. You can see the line, you just have to execute it. If you execute it, you have an ace run for an easy birdie. If you don't, you are fighting for par.
- the map and guide in the links section are top-notch. I used the map and was able to navigate easily.
- the use of elevation is pretty good. They hide pins over the crest of the hills. Good mix of uphill and downhill shots.
Cons: - I played this course after several days below freezing. I am concerned that it may be soft. Ir really hope not - I will update this review when I know.
- its a work in process. The lack tees, signs, etc could make it difficult if you come unprepared. I know this will improve.
- its short. The pin placements make it not boring, but it's short. More in other thoughts.
- I am concerned that I think I saw poison ivy in several places (in the middle of winter). I am concerned about what the growth will be like in the summer. Let's get some traffic.
Other Thoughts: - with regards to the title, this would be a great course for a beginner to learn. Straight throws are rewarded. You could play with a putter, throw it straight twice and have a very makeable par-3 putt.
- this course has a ton of potential. I believe that you could add "pro" tees to most holes - there is space. You could add 50' - it would probably require "sharing" of the walking paths.
- I would put this course ahead of Cornwallis and Kentwood. Close to Leigh Farms Rec. once the course gets completed (and lengthened please!), it may be close to Middle Creek.
- I like 18, with the hyzer coming back towards to OB, the wall was interesting. Didn't like the flick hole on 15.
- tons of potential, I will be playing on a regular basis. Big thanks for those who are making this course happen.
- this is