Indianapolis, IN
Northwestway Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: ajbova Hole #2 (Taken 5/2013)

"new"course same as the old course

5+    10/12/2009   10/13/2009
Review By: Matthew boals
Pros: A 18 hole course on that side of the city. Big concrete tees-am and pro,signs have needed info.,The recent improvements make this course a little better. The tall grass,on certain fairways,getting cut on a regular time frame, making it wider.
Cons: That damn paved trail! All but three fairways are to narrow,either by the trail or trees with very thick underbrush.The improvements on #9,I think/hope was a misunderstanding?the basket was behind a tree and a huge bush. The bush needed TRIMMING!...NOT CUT DOWN WITH THE TREE!? The tree and bush made the hole,now you have two holes back to back the same.
Other Thoughts: It's been 6 years since I've played this course,I heard that work has been done to improve it so I thought I would play it again.Let me tell you that first I'm an average player (my drives are +,- 250 ft). I've also did the following to improve the course 6 years ago. After the church took back their land,for more parking,they put up the fence. That made the #2 basket placement between the trail and fence,about 20 ft wide span. I moved it about 75 ft to the right between a circle of trees, now with one tree out it's an open shot. On #5,#6 I tried to have the grass cut for a wider fairway,they only did that a few times. I also moved #12 basket 30ft to the left,away from the trail behind some trees.#14 was moved 40ft left, a blind shot that was WAY to dangerous.#18 was moved closer to the tees about 100 ft. This park was NOT on the clubs "wish list" for a course,because of the trail. It was put in by a non-member club player that worked for a member of the city council,he wanted to be able to play closer to his house (it's always good to have connections). After all of the recent improvements I still think this course needs to be pulled out of the ground and moved to Eagle creek park,not far away. I only say that because beginners and average players,like me,should be able to play any course. With the trail and very thick underbush it's a course only high level players can enjoy.I gave this course a 1.5 (passable) because atleast some players can enjoy the course.