Indianapolis, IN
Northwestway Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: ajbova Hole #17 (Taken 5/2013)

Safety is secondary on this course

1    8/4/2014   8/6/2014
Review By: prerube
Pros: Location. It was almost with in walking distance from my hotel. easy to get to from highway.

18 holes, a few with dual concrete pads.

Navigation and flow is passable

Course is a mostly straight up par 3 with about 2-3 legit par 4s

Cons: SO MANY UNSAFE HOLES.
Holes 12 and 13 play over a very busy walking trail. 14 plays over a blind corner which could cause serious injury to walkers. 18 was the worst offender since it required a full power drive straight down the walking trail and along a blind corner.

Course starts out with several straight shots in a row.
Hole 6 is right after hole 2, so it is easy to skip 3 holes.
The 5 tee pad was cracked and nearly unusable.

Several hole play parallel with busy roads. (4, 15, 16, 17, and 18.

7 is one of the worst holes I have ever played. It is a blind dog leg left where you are throwing over trees directly at the parking lot.

old unmarked baskets, some were dented and damaged.

Hole 10 is a filler hole, 160 ft par 2.
Other Thoughts: I played this course at dawn on a weekday and it was still packed. I can not image even attempting this course early saturday or sunday morning. I predict this course will be pulled in the next few years due to walkers complaining about their safety, it truly is that bad.

If you could magically remove the roads and dangerous walking paths this course would still struggle to earn a 3 disc rating.

"new"course same as the old course

5+    10/12/2009   10/13/2009
Review By: Matthew boals
Pros: A 18 hole course on that side of the city. Big concrete tees-am and pro,signs have needed info.,The recent improvements make this course a little better. The tall grass,on certain fairways,getting cut on a regular time frame, making it wider.
Cons: That damn paved trail! All but three fairways are to narrow,either by the trail or trees with very thick underbrush.The improvements on #9,I think/hope was a misunderstanding?the basket was behind a tree and a huge bush. The bush needed TRIMMING!...NOT CUT DOWN WITH THE TREE!? The tree and bush made the hole,now you have two holes back to back the same.
Other Thoughts: It's been 6 years since I've played this course,I heard that work has been done to improve it so I thought I would play it again.Let me tell you that first I'm an average player (my drives are +,- 250 ft). I've also did the following to improve the course 6 years ago. After the church took back their land,for more parking,they put up the fence. That made the #2 basket placement between the trail and fence,about 20 ft wide span. I moved it about 75 ft to the right between a circle of trees, now with one tree out it's an open shot. On #5,#6 I tried to have the grass cut for a wider fairway,they only did that a few times. I also moved #12 basket 30ft to the left,away from the trail behind some trees.#14 was moved 40ft left, a blind shot that was WAY to dangerous.#18 was moved closer to the tees about 100 ft. This park was NOT on the clubs "wish list" for a course,because of the trail. It was put in by a non-member club player that worked for a member of the city council,he wanted to be able to play closer to his house (it's always good to have connections). After all of the recent improvements I still think this course needs to be pulled out of the ground and moved to Eagle creek park,not far away. I only say that because beginners and average players,like me,should be able to play any course. With the trail and very thick underbush it's a course only high level players can enjoy.I gave this course a 1.5 (passable) because atleast some players can enjoy the course.