Indianapolis, IN
Northwestway Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: ajbova Hole #18 (Taken 5/2013)
Hole #18 Alt Tee

1 2 3 Next >
 Great Course

2-4    11/3/2008   11/7/2008
Review By: NSGDdoesdyes
Pros: This course offers a wide variety of shots, as well as pin placement. Now that its colder out, there aren't as many people out there, so dont let the other reviews talk you out of playing. The park is very peaceful. Holes 17 and 18 will test your skills, I believe 17 is around 665 feet. Long bomb down the soccer fields.
Cons: I loved the park. No cons. Also I didn't really see any trash around on this course.
Other Thoughts: Check it out. If you have never been, contact me and we can shoot a round.

Northwestway Park

5+    10/21/2008   11/5/2008
Review By: Spurlocm
Pros: Good course with a variety of shots. Mostly open with woods in play on several baskets but they can be avoided. Woods are thick in most areas so watch your disc if it goes in.
Cons: WALKERS, go early on weekdays and this is mostly taken care of but the course is placed around a walking path so be prepared to have to wait for people to pass before tossing
Other Thoughts: Several holes will have easy birdie opportunities with only about three holes that are tough pars. Wind plays big on this course on the open baskets.

Nice Wooded Challenge

5+    9/8/2008   9/8/2008
Review By: NoChinDeluxe
Pros: Nicely wooded back nine. Variety throughout 18 holes. Good neighborhood.
Cons: Front nine take you over an open field. Close proximity to other people like walking path and athletic fields.
Other Thoughts: Although the front nine has you shooting over nothing but open grass, the back nine will give you some challenges with its tightly threaded shots through the woods. If you play during months where vegetation is thicker, be prepared to make accurate shots or spend lots of time looking for lost discs in the woods/tall grass. My favorite challenge as a LHBH player on this course is the hole that dog-legs to the left and gives you absolutely NO cusion on the right except for OB. I always have to practice throwing trick shots with weird discs to make it through this hole with a par.

Challenge in Indy

1    8/26/2008   8/26/2008
Review By: theseus414
Pros: 1) In a much Much MUCH better neighborhood then the other 18 hole Indy disc golf courses - I tried to go to Washington Park but the place was full of thugs so I turned around and left.

2) The course is easy to navigate

3) Not many other players that you would have to wait for

4) Ample parking
Cons: 1) At least 10 of the holes are crawling with dense forest just waiting to eat up your disc. (It took me half an hour to find my disc on hole 6, but it's my favorite disc and I wasn't leaving without it)

2) A lot of walkers, joggers, and soccer players. On some of the holes (and none more so then hole 18) I had a hard time concentrating on making a good shot b/c I was focused on not hitting someone. I came close once and when I yelled FORE!!! he didn't turn around or even flinch which did nothing except make me more nervous about nailing someone in the back of the head.
Other Thoughts: With a rating as low as this one has I was surprised how much I liked this course. No two holes are exactly alike demanding that the player learn multiple throwing styles. I met some people there who play it 3 times a week and the challenge must do wonders for their game b/c they are the best players I have ever seen and they claim to have just picked up the game this summer. This course had me wishing i was in Indy longer.

Pretty Decent

6/11/2008   6/20/2008
Review By: Victory33
This review was updated on 7/2/2008
Pros: Dual Tees on certain holes, some decent variety on holes, a few unique holes, and a few longer holes can make the difference in score.
Cons: Near walking paths so you might have to wait on people walking by. Not much elevation, can get pretty muddy. Really high fields in some areas make discs impossible to find. We lost two discs in three shots.
Other Thoughts: I play this course about 2-4 times a month during lunch at work. The first 8 holes are pretty standard, but the last 10 go through the woods and/or require long drives and can really alter your score. Not as good as Washington or Brookside, but better than Sahm.

Northwestway Park

2-4    1/1/2008   6/2/2008
Review By: ZipperBlueZ
This review was updated on 8/25/2008
Pros: Convenient location, not crowded
Cons: Dense, dense vegetation in the summer. Very easy to lose a disc (and I did, almost immediately). Not the most creative use of land I've seen, particularly two of the later holes that are simply 500 + ft throws over open soccer fields. High wild grass in and around another couple holes makes a misthrow a nightmare.
Other Thoughts: I need to go back and give this course another chance, but my first impression of it was pretty poor.

1 2 3 Next >