Singapore, Singapore
Bidadari Cemetery Share
3 / 220ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Target

I wanted to like this course, but...

1    8/28/2014   9/9/2014
Review By: South Texan
This review was updated on 10/13/2014
Pros: With excitement four of us at a conference jumped in a taxi and made our way to this course. Pretty trees, rolling hills, it is a beautiful spot. If you have a guide, then you will undoubtedly enjoy the course. And what a hoot to be able to say you played disc golf in Singapore!
Cons: While the park is beautiful, sadly, we did not have a guide, and therefore the course was almost unplayable. First, even with the map the four of us could hardly make out the holes. The tee boxes were difficult or impossible to find, and the poles are also hard to find. (They don't have baskets, but instead you throw at 4" pvc poles. this didn't bother me.) The grass, however, was so tall that my buddy lost three discs in five holes. Another guy stepped into an invisible and deep creek that was overgrown by grass, and several times we almost twisted an ankle cuz we couldn't see the hole we stepped into, such was the often knee high grass. Don't get me wrong, if we had had a guide we would have had a blast. But figuring it out on our own proved almost impossible. We managed to play three holes, and then we just couldn't find the fourth tee box or pole. So we started to just throw at random trees and poles until we ran out of time.
Other Thoughts: I am happy to say I played disc golf in Singapore, and I congratulate the guys who play there. With probably no support from the city you have carved out a cool 18 holes in a great park in a great world city. Next time I'm there I will definitely try to contact a local first, so that I can really experience the course as it is supposed to be played. I'll be back for sure.

Bidadari Cemetary/Woodleigh Park

2-4    4/21/2013   4/21/2013
Review By: Khao Pra
Pros: beautiful park, rolling hills and lightly wooded. grass cut on a regular basis, although not necessarily directly related to the course. challenging mix of shots, no pitch and putt here.
small but skilled and active local players, mostly made up of life long ultimate players making the switch to golf.
Cons: no baskets, pvc poles with tape markers are the targets. may be difficult to navigate the course without a local. no F&B in the immediate area.
Other Thoughts: this is a beautiful park and disc golf course. having played in 6 countries now and hundreds of golf courses i can state with some certainty that any local club anywhere else in the world would be happy to have this land to play on.

there is a small but skilled and active local group of players out every weekend and they need support. please stop by and play this course if you are passing through the area. you can contact the local players through their web page prior to playing and you'll most likely end up with locals to show you around.