Kilgore, TX
Meadowbrook Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #2 (Taken 3/2013)
3 / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Surprising

1    7/27/2013   7/27/2013
Review By: chalos13
Pros: This course is all about the trees and the creek. The designers used everything they had to make this course a challenge. Park was very clean, plenty of trash cans on the course. The course is off in one corner of the park, so no walking paths, playgrounds or soccer games to worry about. None of the holes overlap one another so you won't have problems even on a crowded day. Tee boxes well marked, and didn't get lost at any point. I really like hole 4: just a blind spike hyzer shot around some brush and trees.
Cons: I never realized how much I love disc catchers till I played here. Baskets have single chains and no distinguishing mark. It's very difficult to see the basket from the tee box, if I lived here I'd get the club to use some orange spray paint on these things. Many hole numbers have come off the baskets, but you can't see them from the tee box anyway so this doesn't bother me.
Other Thoughts: This course reminds me of Pecan Acres in Nacogdoches: built in a beautiful park under big old trees. You're playing small gaps or trying to shoot under the trees most of the time. This course isn't super difficult, but it's fun. Natural tee boxes don't bother me if they're well marked, and all of these are. On a few holes there are hooks in the trees near e tee box to hang tour bag, first time I've seen this and I really like it. If you're at the box for 7, look right, It doesn't follow the road it's in the trees about 15 degrees to your right. I think this course is really good for working on different shots. I used a lot of different shots that I normally don't use on my home course. This is great for improving your game, kudos to the designers.

Lots of potential...

1    5/5/2013   5/8/2013
Review By: jrrttmrgn
Pros: The Meadowbrook Park dgc is one of the few 9 holers I have played that is by way of terrain a single use course. the course is situated on the far North end of the park and seperated from the rest of the park by a large creek. This really adds to the feeling of seclusion and peace that this course exudes. The course is populated with massive trees which provides shade and is shielded from the wind by a large hill. Good baskets and carefully shaped lines make for a pleasant round.
Cons: The course has lots of promise but doesn't quite deliver due to unmarked baskets, unclear navigation and the baskets blend into the background. Badly needs tee signs...
Other Thoughts: Things to know for your first trip here:

The course is located past the main part of the park which contains soccer and baseball fields. Take first left after park. Parking is immediately on left.

The course is tear shaped. It circles out and back around clockwise back to hole 1.

The creek is still in the woods even though it disappears from view after hole 3. RHBH on hole 4 beware the creek is in the woods on your left ...