Houston, TX
Nottingham Park Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #9 (Taken 5/2008)
Hole #9B Tee

Nice course for beginners and more seasoned alike

2-4    6/17/2014   7/4/2014
Review By: manwalklikebear
Pros: Multiple tees so beginners and pros can play along. Variety of open, treed, and distance holes. Since I'm a beginner, no water to have to watch out for.
Cons: Fire ants are big around the first few holes. Basket #3 is missing, but there's a basket near tee 1 I use instead, unless that's 3s official new location. I seem to remember that pro tee 4 or something is missing too.
Other Thoughts: Nice place for me to practice not far from home.

12 Hole Gem

2-4    11/16/2013   11/17/2013
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: One thing that this course that is unique is the number of holes it has. Not 6, 9 or 18. 12 Holes. The holes are a good mix of long and open to a few trees scattered making shot shaping a must.

There are dual tees. The long tees are quite long and will make it a challenge to the most seasoned layer while the shorts are still challenging but a good way to introduce new people to the game.

The course is easy to navigate, quick to play and you will be the only golfer out there which is always a plus.
Cons: Although you may be the only GOLFER there you will have to share the park with just about everyone and their mothers. The park is crowded with kids, dogs, lovers and it could either keep you waiting in between shots or running the risk of hitting someone. The majority of park goers are probably not aware of the course, just be patient.

Hole 3 is gone and it will probably be gone for a long time since this course does not get much love. Some of the tee markers have lost their signs. Age and lack of up keep is really showing out here.
Other Thoughts: In my opinion the challenge is greater here than at neighbor crowd-favorite Agnes Moffit. It is a bit more technical in the trees and has a bit more length to it.
If the tee posts were different colors from Tee A to Tee B then this course would be much easier to navigate. This would be a course I would not mind being in my neighborhood. Just stay alert of the other park people; they have every right to the park as you do,

Surprisingly Good

1    8/21/2013   8/23/2013
Review By: jgsqueak
Pros: -Laid out very well for getting 12 holes in a smaller neighborhood park.
-Just enough trees to keep you honest, but not completely alter every throw.
-Long for beginners yet fun for experienced players. 9 holes have birdie potential with well thrown drives.
-Close to my office for that fast lunchtime round...
Cons: -Takes a second to find the next tee/pin.
-One tee backs up to a fence making a short run up. Also a tree right in the way (if you play the left of the tee) and it looks like people cheat to the right of the tee post.
-#11 is tough to get close to the pin because it is surrounded by trees. Pin could be up on the hill.
Other Thoughts: For a small neighborhood park, this course is fun to play. Very accessible from the west side of town, but not a destination course.

Nice 12 Hole Course

1    8/16/2013   8/16/2013
Review By: bogeymanjr
Pros: This is a nice 12-hole course in a nice little neighborhood park. Usually I have trouble navigating these courses that only have stake tees and baskets that are for the most part unmarked, but this course was an exception. When I found the tees for hole 1, I played it and had no problems finding the other 11 holes. The course flows nicely around the park, and, even with some of the tee signs missing, I was able to find each and every hole all right. I never even played to the wrong basket once which, usually with a course like this I will do from time to time, but not here. It is true that the course is mostly open, but there are trees in just the right spots as another reviewer said. I know: I hit at least two while I played here today. I did have some other close calls where I just did miss some trees. I will just say that there are enough out here to give some of your shots thought. All in all, a nice course to come and get some practice in before a thrower goes and plays some of the bigger courses.
Cons: Some of the tee signs are missing and some of the numbering on the baskets has worn off. Other than that, I find very little else wrong with this course.
Other Thoughts: I do not believe anyone will be seeing concrete tees on this course any time soon, if ever. But that does not take away from the play ability of this course. Shorter than usual, yes. But that did not stop me from playing the course through twice. This is a course that can stand on its own against any other including Agnes Moffitt park. Incidentally, when added to the 18 once or twice through at Moffitt, can make for a pretty full disc golf morning like it did mine.

Deceptively easy and quick

1    6/28/2013   6/30/2013
Review By: Kursk
Pros: Small, short city park.
Deceptively wide open but the trees are in all the "right" spots.
Grass is pretty well maintained.
Plays very quickly
Dual pads were nice. The back tees for the most part add a really nice bit of challenge to the course.
I say it's deceptively easy and it is. When I get there I think it'll be a breeze but tree location made it interesting. Once the trees get a chance to grow, it'll be a bear of a course.
Cons: If I hadn't been playing with someone that was a regular, I'd totally have been lost. Very much a links style course that desperately cries out for some better tees/markers. The water park was busy but the park wasn't since it's over 105 out. There was still a big picnic/bbq with a giant bouncy castle we had to play around.
Other Thoughts: 11 really missed it from being great by now mounting the chains on that hill. Still, it's plenty brutal thanks to those limbs. Ugh.

played 1/19/13 - quick but fun

1    1/19/2013   1/23/2013
Review By: McC.Alexander
This review was updated on 9/3/2013
Pros: +dual tee signs
+intermediate course - the trees are a pain but they are the only natural hazards
Cons: -no tee pads (although this doesnt really bother me)
-very busy park (i went on a saturday evening around 5pm and there were a lot of kids and people out for walks that we had to wait for)
-a few of the tee signs had been ripped off (but we were still able to navigate which hole to throw to - and this was our first time at this course)
-I wish there were 18 holes...
Other Thoughts: overall I really enjoyed the course. it is less than a 10 minute drive away from my house so due to the proximity I will definitely play there again. because it is only 12 holes it goes by quickly so it might serve as a good course to play after work when Im losing light fast.

Better than I expected

- Easy to navigate
- Mix of different lines
Cons: - Flat
- Picnicers in the fairway
- Kids jumping on the baskets
Other Thoughts: - Played this as part of a set with BridgePoint church course to make it a full 18
- Good course for beginners or people who lose a lot of discs

the NOT

5+    8/28/2010   11/19/2010
Review By: coyotepower
Pros: Empty.
Cons: People walking right though course. Not the best of areas, lots of broken glass. HOT in summer after hole 4. Bring water!
Other Thoughts: can be an ok course. Good combo with 18 at moffit since they are nearby. Few years back I was playing on a weekday right after they had planted 500+ trees. Someone overnight uprooted most every single one of them! I spent the morning putting them back into their holes - a$$40L3s! Now I care a little more about the course and come back twice a year to check on it - and watch the trees grow ;-)

Good for Quick Game

1    6/10/2010   6/10/2010
Review By: Caleb
Pros: -2 T-boxes per hole
-Wide open to practice distance.
-Clean
-Fairly simple to navigate.
-Good for quick round
Cons: -Not a variety of shots needed.
-No Cement T-Boxes
-Swamp Lands after rain, floods T-Boxes, Fairways and Holes.
-A hot course to play in the summer, very little shade.
-No course could be flatter.
Other Thoughts: There are trees that come into play on most holes, but they are generally easy to avoid, with the exception of a few that hang low to the gound. I had a hard time staying beneath some of the branches.

The double T-Box (1A 1B, 2A 2B etc...) is very nice because it gives you two different rounds to play. The B Tees are closer and take away certain obstacles while the A Tees back you up in distance and place more trees in front of you.

As in all of Houston, after a rain, this park becomes a swamp. My disc floated in standing water beneath holes. If you want to stay dry, you have to walk much further to avoid standing water.
I'm looking forward to playing the course again when dry, and cooler. There is very little shade and the sun beats down on you. After 12 holes I was ready to call it a day as if played 36 holes.

In most ways this is a boring course, no elevation, no cement tees, not enough wooded areas. But for a quick round (and in Summer you want it to be quick) it makes a good fast game with plenty of Bird chances and even some Ace opportunities.

Will play again.

(I agree in a few years when some newly planted trees grow up, will be a better course.)

Needs Maturing

2-4    12/23/2009   1/13/2010
Review By: allen
Pros: Plenty of open spaces to really go for it on a few long holes!
Nice course for only 12 holes...was a pretty good challenge from the A tees but the B's are pretty easy
Cons: Most holes are straight and many of the trees on the course are very young and will be much more challenging in a few years when they have grown up a bit.