Jonesboro, AR
Disc Side of Heaven - Rec. Share
Uploaded By: LetsPlayGolf Hole #3 (Taken 4/2013)
3 / 117ft.   3 / 213ft.   3 / 249ft.   3 / 297ft. Par / Distance:

Great course!

5+    2/15/2014   2/20/2014
Review By: 870DG
Pros: Great addition to the Jonesboro disc golf scene. Good mix of shots and a lot of elevation change. Most fun course in the area, if you don't mind a somewhat long course. There are plenty of signs signaling where to go after each hole.

A lot of wildlife. My friend almost had a heart attack from nearly stepping on a rather large turkey while looking for his disc in some tall grass. I have seen numerous deer and saw a buck chasing 4 doe's just last week. If you like animals, you may just walk upon a few!
Cons: No trash cans at tee boxes. There are a few by the clubhouse to use before you start though. You also come back by these after finishing #9. Plan accordingly and it won't be a big deal. Whatever you bring in, bring out.

Bugs are bad during the summer. Last year was the first year of this course, so those conditions may improve. Also, watch for yellow jackets, wasps, and bees. They liked to get underneath the benches last summer, but I think this issue will be addressed for this upcoming summer.

Wildlife - I listed this as a pro, because I love wildlife. If you aren't too fond of deer, turkeys, etc. being on the same property as you....well, why are you outside anyways?

Long course if you are out of shape. Bring water, especially during the summer.
Other Thoughts: This course has been a huge challenge to me, considering I have always played at the other local course which is much, much shorter. If you need to work on distance and some open shots, this is the local course to do it.

Also, there hasn't been any aces yet (as far as I know) on this course, so you have the chance to be the first!

It is a private course. Just look this course up on Facebook and send them a message letting them know when you are wanting to play. They'll make it happen.

Discing in Heaven

5+    10/5/2013   10/9/2013
Review By: jongoff09
This review was updated on 11/25/2013
Pros: This course has a little of everything. Tight tunnels, open bombs; uphill, downhill; deuce or die, and tough birdies. The fun factor because of this was high for me. For a course that is mostly par-3s, the variety is very good.

Several holes can be attacked in in different ways. What your gut tells you when you first see a hole might not be the throw you actually make if you take some time to look around and think some more. A few of the holes took me a couple of rounds before I even saw a how it was best to play it (and I still may not have actually figured them out), and that was even after my first round was a practice round where I threw multiple discs. I love it when a hole continues to challenge after multiple rounds.

4 sets of tees! Yes, much like a golf course, this course has a tee for every ability, or a different challenge for your next round. From 3200' and great for young players, to a demanding 6200' that will challenge anyone. The teesigns are currently located at the White tees, which are probably the best suited for a majority of players.

The course is easy to get around. The first hole is next to the clubhouse, and there are signs directing you to the rest of the holes if it isn't obvious on where they are. I played alone my first round with 0 issues.

The property drains really well. It rained on a couple of occasions during the weekend I was there, and shortly after the course was fine with virtually no standing water.
Cons: There are a couple of par-4s, but they are on the shorter side of par-4s. There isn't a hole where a long 2nd shot is needed and certainly no par-5s. This is the only thing design wise that I wish to see in a course that this doesn't have.

Bring bug spray. Chiggers and mosquitoes were out in force when I was there. I was told by others that the ticks had just disappeared, and they were extremely bad just a few weeks before.

I'm not a real fan of long grass acting just as rough, and there are a couple of spots where this is the case on this course (yes, I realize that you shouldn't throw there anyway). However, I never had a problem finding a disc that flew into the long grass. Most of the time, that grass is out of play though and appears to be mostly aesthetic value. I'm not sure if the owner has plans to cut it all or not.

There are trees with 3"+ long thorns on them that will shred you to pieces on this property. There are also plenty of thorn vines and plants that have thorns on them. In other words, the rough is really rough on you in places.
Other Thoughts: For now, the tees are natural and marked by colored flags except for the white tees, which have a white rug in place to use as the teepad. All of my rounds were played from the white tees, and I didn't have an issue with footing even after a rain.

The course is private and generally open to the public just on the weekends, but you can buy a membership for $50 and play anytime. Memberships are good from March through March of the next year.

There aren't any real water hazards. There is a creek that winds through a few holes on the back 9, but there was no water in it while I was there, and if there ever is, I don't think it would be deep enough to steal discs for good.

I'm thinking this would be a great course for glow golf because it is out away from the middle of the city and there are no lights around except for one street light along the road about 80' right of hole 1.

I absolutely loved the course. I wasn't hesitant to get a membership even though I live an hour and a half away. This is considered the Rec Course (labeled white course on the scorecards) as there is a longer beast of a course on site, but there isn't much REC about the course. The other course (Championship course, labeled gold course on the scorecards) on site is a par 70 and 10,000' long. Can't wait for it to be cleared and ready for play.

The pros far outweigh the cons. Most of the cons didn't really factor much into my rating of the course as I rate on what I feel about the course design and how fun it is to play. I consider this the 3rd best design I have played and 3rd or 4th in terms of fun factor.

Thank you Brad for the course and allowing it to be used for a tournament. I'll be back soon to play it again and tackle the Championship course.