Cascade Locks, OR
Locks Approach DGC Share
Uploaded By: krickerd Hole #4 (Taken 8/2013)
Hole #4 Approach

Great scenic views and wind

2-4    2/1/2014   2/3/2014
Review By: longandwrong
Pros: Other reviews pretty much give the full lowdown. I really liked the holes down by the river in the woods. Number 5 was an awesome hizer for this forearm thrower and with the right super high throw the disc sailed right into birdie zone! Next hole was a (whoa, I'm a forearmer) great little flick with my Max to another birdie shot. Valkerie Kid's review is really good. I played on two consecutive days with no or very little wind and that made a huge difference. Nice bright orange baskets.
Cons: A lot of 340 foot shots. I think I used my one driver for 11 of the 18 holes and then you get to 17&18 and it's like a nice easy backhand with a mid or putter. Interesting. Could use a large thrash can at Hole 1, I didn't know what to do with my coffee cup.
A map the first time was necessary but I think that goes for almost all courses I play the first time. Pads were on the street here and there and someone had at least painted a number and a throw line.
Other Thoughts: For a second year course I thought it was great and a lot of fun. Maybe a few less 340foot holes by changing a basket or two to give a 500 footer and a couple of 400's would be good. But I do know that my arm from cranking sidearm throws was getting tired by the time I finished. Parking sign would be good but the notes on this site helped to identify the correct parking. Hole Number 1 pad needs a large sign. Welcome to the course! Oh---the course managers are doing a great job on poison oak control. Thanks it was fun and I will play it again. Maybe I'll get lucky and play it in the wind! Bonneville and this course make a great 1 - 2 punch.