Cascade Locks, OR
Locks Approach DGC Share
Uploaded By: krickerd Hole #8 (Taken 8/2013)

Great scenic views and wind

2-4    2/1/2014   2/3/2014
Review By: longandwrong
Pros: Other reviews pretty much give the full lowdown. I really liked the holes down by the river in the woods. Number 5 was an awesome hizer for this forearm thrower and with the right super high throw the disc sailed right into birdie zone! Next hole was a (whoa, I'm a forearmer) great little flick with my Max to another birdie shot. Valkerie Kid's review is really good. I played on two consecutive days with no or very little wind and that made a huge difference. Nice bright orange baskets.
Cons: A lot of 340 foot shots. I think I used my one driver for 11 of the 18 holes and then you get to 17&18 and it's like a nice easy backhand with a mid or putter. Interesting. Could use a large thrash can at Hole 1, I didn't know what to do with my coffee cup.
A map the first time was necessary but I think that goes for almost all courses I play the first time. Pads were on the street here and there and someone had at least painted a number and a throw line.
Other Thoughts: For a second year course I thought it was great and a lot of fun. Maybe a few less 340foot holes by changing a basket or two to give a 500 footer and a couple of 400's would be good. But I do know that my arm from cranking sidearm throws was getting tired by the time I finished. Parking sign would be good but the notes on this site helped to identify the correct parking. Hole Number 1 pad needs a large sign. Welcome to the course! Oh---the course managers are doing a great job on poison oak control. Thanks it was fun and I will play it again. Maybe I'll get lucky and play it in the wind! Bonneville and this course make a great 1 - 2 punch.

New Beast in the Gorge!

2-4    3/24/2013   3/20/2013
Review By: kinfolkfan
This review was updated on 3/21/2015
Pros: The new course in Cascade Locks was well designed to challenge all skill levels. You start off in somewhat open areas with large oaks and throw a few longer open holes. The course then leads you down in to the woods by the water with a good mix of elevations. The course has great large tee pads and awesome Bentley Baskets as well. All in all it is a great course that is only going to get better!
Cons: After hole 9 finding 10's tee can be tricky. Part of the course is located in a abandon cul-de-sac and cars may park just off the fairway of some holes. Some holes tee from the cul-de-sac and once again this could be a problem with the cars. One holes(12 maybe) basket is pretty close to a road. I am really nit picking here, none of these issues will really effect how you enjoy the course. As someone mentioned on another site it could be renumbered to move the walk out from the end to the middle of the course. Six in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other I suppose.
Other Thoughts: My hope is this course brings more disc golf interest to the Columbia Gorge. With North Bonneville right across the river this is becoming a great head quarters for Gorge Disc Golf. Hope you enjoy the course and happy hucking.