Nice 9 hole small town course
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This is a fun, short course that would be a great place for beginners. For more advanced players this is a course to help improve your midrange game. The park is clean and well maintained. Good signage and great baskets as well. It is located in a small town and was nice and peaceful. The course uses the trees that is available here to its advantage to provide you will decently challenging lines.
There are benches located throughout the course and each hole has 2 different pin locations.
Hole 6 provided a slightly uphill shot and hole 7 slopes to the right upon your approach.
Many of the holes have ace run potential.
Cons: As of this review holes 1 and 8 are missing their tee signs. You must cross the road twice as the course is split in 2 halves, holes 1-3 and 9 on one side and holes 4-8 on the other side. This isn't a huge con as there wasn't any traffic on the day I played but there could be so watch out.
Tee pads could get slick after a rain or if there was a heavy dew because they are rubber. Also the walking path is in the middle of #4's fairway(see pics) so heads up before you throw.
Other Thoughts: There are other amenities here such as a playground, basketball court, soccer goals, and a volleyball court. If you are taking the family there are options here to occupy their time if disc golf isn't their thing. The volleyball court is to the left side of #5's fairway so be careful before you throw on this hole.
Hole 6 had some trees that were being cleared out and were piled up on the right side of the fairway. Hole 7 also had some trees that were being cleared out as well.
Overall this is a nicely keep, short course in a small town that is worth the stop if you are in the area. Its not a destination type of a course but it does provide a fun round. It was nice to see such a clean kept course in a small town like this.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
A Good Course
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Awesome brand new monkey trap baskets that are maroon
- Easy layout to follow
- Tee signs are very descriptive and are very informative
- Multiple pin placements allow the course to be different everytime.
- Very easy course to get to.
- Trash cans around some holes and benchs around the whole course
- Rubber tee pads were very nice other than being slick
- Great course for a quick round in under 30 minutes
- This is a very good beginner course for some one with little expirience in the sport but also a good course for advanced to work on mid range shots and putts.
Cons: - Not very challenging at all. Most of the holes were just straight up the middle in the 200 foot range. I would have liked a little elevation or something to make it more interesting.
- The tee pads are rubber. On a dry day, i was able to slip on 3 or 4 of them. They are very slippery tee pads.
- Navigation was a bit tricky at some times
- The numbering of the holes made no sense. I always start with the tee right by the building on the East side of the road and start from there but that is listed as hole 5. There isnt any parking at hole 1, so i recommend playing 5-9 first and then playing 1-4 and you will end up right back to your car.
- Holes 1 and 8 dont have tee signs.
- Park can be pretty busy on nice summer days (with walkers, soccer players, etc.) as it is the only actual park in the town.
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a pretty great 9 hole course. For a town with the population of just 501 residents, it is pretty amazing that they even have a course, especially a good one! This is a good course to play and it is worth your time to play it!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.