Opelika, AL
Tumble Tree DGC Share
Uploaded By: peteg Hole #12 (Taken 12/2013)
Hole #12 Red Tee

Interesting/COnfusing

1    11/23/2014   11/24/2014
Review By: tailorholley
Pros: -Course is built around a great Opelika Sportsplex, good lighting and easy to find
-2 Tee pads for each hole. Am pads are concrete, pro pads are rubber mats.
-Baskets are in great shape.
-Design work on tee signs seems to be really accurate. I was impressed.
-Course provides a great mix. Long and Open, Short and Open, Short and Wooded, Hyzers, backhands, forehands. You name it this course has it
-Course map on the First Hole
-Practice basket near the first tee.
-Course was very well groomed. No overgrown areas, baskets were clean, teepads maintained.
Cons: -I have never been more confused as to the layout of 2-3 holes on the course. Hole 7 I believe, for starters, has no angle or throwing lane off the tee pad. The pro pad for that hole is impossible in my opinion. I could see a route if a few trees were trimmed but there was nothing. I had to play a putter up shot, then a midrange upshot. then a putt from 20 feet with about 20 trees in my way. Same goes for number 8 and number 10. Just not sure what the thought process was behind the layout.
-Somehow I went from hole 12-16 and never found holes. Granted it was getting dark so I couldn't spend time looking but I couldn't see where to go.
-Not sure the course map on the 1st hole is a good representation of the course.
-Am pads are very short. All my throws I had to start off the pad and step up onto the pad during my throw.
-You can throw a shot 20 feet from the basket on some holes and have no putt. 4-5 baskets are surrounded by 20+ trees inside the circle.
Other Thoughts: To be honest, I just was so confused as to the layout on those few holes. I have played alot of courses and pride myself on having alot of different shots in my bag. I honestly stood at those 3 holes i listed and unloaded my bag. Not once did i find the right shot. I'm still thinking about it a day later. Besides that, the course has alot to offer and is challenging in alot of ways. Hopefully I'll enjoy myself better next time I go back.

Sweet Home Alabama.

5+    3/25/2013   4/1/2013
Review By: Connor Jones
This review was updated on 8/12/2014
Pros: Mach 5's that catch like a dream.

The teepads are a bit short, but the holes out here aren't too long. They are really grippy and you don't need a lot of run-up, quite a few putter throws out here.

A nice blend of short annies to spike hyzers over various tree levels, downhill and uphill, left and right.

Next to the Opelika Sportsplex, a building that, while it requires a membership, has multiple vending machines full of snacks and drinks that you can go grab regardless, air conditioned and full of awesome activities one could enjoy after a round of disc golf, if you signed up.

Cons: As I said before not a lot of length out here, a pretty simple layout but it could turn into a tough time if you are off your lines just a hair.

Still a few holes that need some minor work with taking a few trees down, a couple that are borderline unfair but this course is so new, and I know a lot of people involved that I know it will be rapidly improving.

Other Thoughts: It's hard to write too much in the cons at this moment in time due to this course being so new. I played a round of the longs(no teepads yet) and a round of the shorts. The longs will provide a more challenging round that is definitely worthy of a drive if you're within a 30-45 minute radius. A solid course that is a welcome addition to the East Alabama/West Georgia grouping. It's awesome to see disc golf start to expand in the area.

I will be going out later this week to take photos, and fill out distances to round out this course page a bit more thoroughly.