Kettering, OH
Indian Riffle Park Share
Uploaded By: Darth Anovin Hole #18 (Taken 9/2010)
4 / 384ft.   4 / 384ft.   3 / 384ft.   3 / 384ft. Par / Distance:

Good course for all skill levels

5+    7/25/2014   7/26/2014
Review By: JDS3105
This review was updated on 9/9/2014
Pros: Good variety of holes and shot opportunities, good course for beginners, decent tee pads and hole signs, course layout gives you a good workout.
Cons: Often crowded, wooded holes can be muddy after rain, trees could use a trim, course layout can be confusing for a first time player. Fall time, there are squirrels everywhere and will try to take your discs(not joking). Bugs can be bad on humid days on holes 8-10.
Other Thoughts: This is the first course my wife and I played. Overall, I like playing there. If you play in the morning there aren't a lot of people on the course. I'd avoid playing on Friday evenings. There's a good chance you will get behind a group of 6+ that smoke, are rude, and play slow. IMO, smoking shouldn't be allowed. Holes 1-5 you need to be mindful of pedestrians. The potential to loose discs is definitely there.

A 2nd Favorite course

5+    8/31/2010   9/3/2010
Review By: sickem2
Pros: Its fun course if you like a flat, fat boy friendly walk. There is only one Mega hill. Just watch shankin it to the right and "Ping" off the back of the ballfield backstop, cuz you may have a very disgrunted mother asking your to keep your disc on your side of the walkway.
Cons: Watch for the track team, they dont like it when you hurl discs at them. They are easy to hit, so be careful. Watch out for the football team also.
Other Thoughts: Nice eye candy at the swimming pool :o) Rumors about them pulling all the baskets.. They are still there now!!

1    8/11/2008   8/15/2008
Review By: volleyballnick
Pros: Course is in a very nice park, reasonably challenging, has good variety, and is well taken care of.
Cons: There is no basket on #3. After #5 you have to walk across two huge parking lots to find the next hole which there is no way of knowing unless you ask someone.
Other Thoughts: Good course with good mix of open and wooded holes. It's a fun place to play, but would be better if they made it a little easier to find the 6th hole. It took more than ten minutes to find even after having someone direct me.

Fun Course

6/14/2008   6/16/2008
Review By: slacker7875
Pros: I am a beginner first off so you know where I am coming from here. The first 5 holes flowerd smoothly (except #3 is missing). Once I found 6 the rest of the course was great fun and recently mowed. The hill toward the end (I think 16 or 17) was fun with the huge change in elevation. 18 wrapped up leading me right back to my car.
Cons: Outside of a missing basket (which unfortunatly seems to happen) my only real complaints are the tee markers are in bad shape and offer little help except on a couple some friendly golfer helped out with a sharpee. Hole 6 is way out in the middle of no where and there is nothing that hints for you to hike half a mile to the woods.
Other Thoughts: Now that I know the location of the baskets, I will certainly be returning and working on my game as well as introducing my other friends from Cincy to the course.