Kettering, OH
Indian Riffle Park Share
Uploaded By: Darth Anovin Hole #16 (Taken 9/2010)
3 / 275ft.   3 / 275ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 3 Next >
 My Disc Golf Cradle

5+    5/15/2008   8/15/2008
Review By: Andy Hlavac
This review was updated on 4/24/2009
Pros: I am partial to this course because it is where I learned the game. I must have played "The Riff" 4 times per week during the 2004 & 2005 seasons. The course is a moderate challenge, and offers a good mix of birdie and bogey holes (playing everything as par 3). The pond adds to the the scenery/challenge of the course while detracting fromt he number of discs in your collection.
Cons: Only one real elevation change: hole #16 (although this is a cool hole situated on top of a giant man-made hill). Another con is that the course experiences heavy traffic from soccer teams, football practice, rec center patrons, picnic-ers, etc. I have seen many cars get dinged with errant discs, and even saw a couple of people get nailed. Be careful.

Finally, all of the reviewers who commented on this site have mentioned the giant gap between holes #5 and #6. This is a legitimate criticism. I think it would be impossible to find #6 if you were not familiar with the course. I have been hounding my brother (a Dayton local) to hang a sign on #5 directing players to the next tee, and will continue to do so until he hooks it up.
Other Thoughts: Please do not let my comments in the cons section scare you off. Indian Riffle is a great park and a 6/10 on the challenge scale (fun, but not frustrating enough to make you swear you'll give up disc golf...ahem...Idlewild...)

1    8/11/2008   8/15/2008
Review By: volleyballnick
Pros: Course is in a very nice park, reasonably challenging, has good variety, and is well taken care of.
Cons: There is no basket on #3. After #5 you have to walk across two huge parking lots to find the next hole which there is no way of knowing unless you ask someone.
Other Thoughts: Good course with good mix of open and wooded holes. It's a fun place to play, but would be better if they made it a little easier to find the 6th hole. It took more than ten minutes to find even after having someone direct me.

Hard to navigate, worth a try

6/24/2008   6/24/2008
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: -Good pads
-Mostly well designed
-Water Hazard
-Well maintained
Cons: -Hard/Impossible to navigate alone without prior knowledge. Hole #6 is over 1,500' away and with no signs pointing to it.
-Not very tough
-One basket has been stolen
-#1 tees off a few hundred feet from the parking lot but #2 is right by it..should be re-numbered to where #1 becomes hole #18 and #2 becomes #1..
Other Thoughts: Please, please someone local take care of that #6 situation- put up signs, spray paint the sidewalk, hang an arrow on the basket or make up a plaque with instructions. Someone new to the sport or this course could quit the round and never find that part of the course, or have to backtrack for a very long time/walk trying to find it.

Fun Course

6/14/2008   6/16/2008
Review By: slacker7875
Pros: I am a beginner first off so you know where I am coming from here. The first 5 holes flowerd smoothly (except #3 is missing). Once I found 6 the rest of the course was great fun and recently mowed. The hill toward the end (I think 16 or 17) was fun with the huge change in elevation. 18 wrapped up leading me right back to my car.
Cons: Outside of a missing basket (which unfortunatly seems to happen) my only real complaints are the tee markers are in bad shape and offer little help except on a couple some friendly golfer helped out with a sharpee. Hole 6 is way out in the middle of no where and there is nothing that hints for you to hike half a mile to the woods.
Other Thoughts: Now that I know the location of the baskets, I will certainly be returning and working on my game as well as introducing my other friends from Cincy to the course.

1 2 3 Next >