Wilton, NH
WLC DGC Share

It can be fun and challenging

2-4    5/22/2016   5/23/2016
Review By: PumaPaws
Pros: Great mix of shots. You'll need a variety of shots to handle this course. There are two open holes in the middle that bring you out of the woods for a couple of longer tee shots.
Most of the baskets are placed in hilly locations making for challenging putts and tricky approaches. The course and baskets are on hills. Much like the other golf, putting up hill is much easier. If your putt starts to roll down hill, it may go a while.
Cons: Cons: Signage on front 7 are good, non-existent or incomplete on back 11.
Tee pads are rough and not designed for long run-ups.
Must contend with school events on fields.
Once you get off the fairway, there is little chance of saving par.
Other Thoughts: Almost everything in other other reviews are accurate. The course has potential. The land is hilly and the course takes advantage of the contours. It has challenging holes.
You will likely get lost until you learn the course layout. My first time playing after #7, I was on my own. Found #8 tee but no sign as to where the basket might be. Threw up the hill and the basket magically appeared. Followed the path to the next hole (also unmarked), played it, followed an arrow on the tree to hole #9??? Not sure what hole I played between #8 and #9. After #9, found another tee box with a sign showing the basket and distance but no number. Basically not the usual disc golf as much as adventure golf.
The tee pads as ok-ish, but do not expect to run up and unleash a 500+ foot throw. However, on this course, you do not need length as much as control. Most fairways are quite narrow while a couple are WIDE open. This course will nick up your discs with all of the trees and rocks. Rollers do not work well in most areas due to the twigs, rocks and old stumps. You will need a variety of shots to do well.

Once this place gets some more signage I'd definitely rate this course closer to a 3.5, but the lack of signs I have to give it a 2.5.

Need just a bit more

1    4/17/2016   4/18/2016
Review By: bdn8183
Pros: This course has a lot of potential. It makes good use of the land, has challenging holes and it's clear a lot of work has gone into it recently.
Cons: Navigation! (If you don't have a local with you.)
You could say natural tee pads as well, but they were fine with me.
Other Thoughts: I went this weekend with some friends and none of us had played it before. We couldn't find a course map online or even one on the bulletin board at the entrance to the course (which would have been great because we could have taken a picture of it with a phone). This course needs just a little bit more attention. Really just a rock painted with the hole number at each tee and a brick with an arrow at the basket telling you which way the next holes is. We got lost around hole 7 and had a tough time figuring out the rest of the course. There's arrows on trees but I think it's for the high school's trails. The signs on the front 7-9 are good enough but there is one hole that has a sign but doesn't give you the hole number!!
No rubber/cement tee pads is ok with me, but signage (simple things like painted rocks/trees/bricks) can really make a difference for a course.

Once this place gets some more signage I'd definitely rate this course closer to a 3.5, but the lack of signs I have to give it a 2.5 with a lot of potential to get better in the coming years.

Has potential, needs improvement

1    7/30/2015   7/30/2015
Review By: StaggerLee917
Pros: -Good mix of open drives and technical fairways (on front 9).
-Well trimmed fairways.
-Baskets in good shape.
-Adds another course to a region that could use more.
Cons: -Tee pads that could potentially cause injury.
-Minimal signage on front 9, nearly nonexistant on back 9.
-Must contend with school events on fields.
Other Thoughts: First off, I must say that I only played through 11 holes. With the severe lack of signage (ie: I felt lost) and the imminent threat of thunderstorms, I didn't feel like hunting down tee pads on the back 9.
The tee pads that I did find were either dirt (fine), wood or gravel. The wood and gravel tee pads struck me as dangerous. The gravel ones were eroded and provided an uneven surface. The wood ones were painted, making them slick if damp, and a couple had a sizeable drop off the sides, which could result in some nasty injuries. Run-ups are not recommended, which makes a proper drive impossible.
Now to signage... the tee signs on the front 9 are basic, but they do the trick. There were a couple holes missing them, a couple that appeared to be outdated, and a seemingly random tee pad with no signage and no basket. On the back 9 I only saw one tee sign, with no number, and no directional signs. It left me wondering where I needed to go. If it wasn't for a couple locals, I would have never found any other tees.

To me, this course appears to have been built on a very tight budget and, contrary to what I had read online, seems incomplete. In my opinion leaving the tee pads dirt and spending that money on signage would have been a better strategy. This has the potential to be an awesome course, but as it currently sits, I don't find it to be worth the 45 minute drive. There is a sign on the kiosk stating that it was a gift and to treat it as such, which is great, but someone should really step up and raise the funds to make the necessary improvements. I'd be willing to help.

Solid Course

2-4    8/19/2014   8/20/2014
Review By: ItsLake
Pros: Great mix of shots. A variety of shots are needed to navigate this heavily wooded par 54 course. There are two open holes in the middle that bring you out of the windy, technical woods for a couple of longer 400 foot shots.
The fairways are all generally well maintained, especially considering how new the course is. The signage on the front 9 is well done.
Most of the baskets are placed in tricky locations making for challenging putts and tricky approaches.
Cons: Many of the baskets were single-set chains. Some were two-set, which was nice, but the single-set baskets could certainly be improved upon.
The natural tee-pads on the majority of the holes were pretty reasonable, but the handful of holes with wooden box tee-pads were highly undesirable. The first one we came upon was extremely slick; this made any kind of run-up ill-advised. The others were either too small or ill-positioned for proper drives.
Other Thoughts: The course is still very new. Back 9 was just put in this year. With that in mind, this course was a good addition to the area. The variety of shots it offered is very promising for what this course could become given some work on the baskets, tee-pads and the possible removal of just a couple trees.

A very technical course

2-4    8/19/2014   8/20/2014
Review By: KLydon
Pros: +Challenging
+Lots of different looks
+Well maintained (considering how new it is)
+Nice layout across the school grounds
Cons: -Some trees need to be removed for a more fair lane
-Dirt tee boxes are OK. The wood ones are slick.
-Once you get off the fairway, there is little chance of saving par
-All par 3 is a little dull IMO
-Missing a lot of signage still
Other Thoughts: For an infant course, I really enjoyed this. I'm not much of a control player but I still had a good time. If you play this course, you will need to crank down the power or else a tree bounce will make you a sad, sad disc golfer. I recommend casual relief in some areas where it is really rough. I recommend checking this course out, it was well worth the 45 minute drive and I look forward to seeing it evolve.

Excellent

2-4    8/15/2013   8/16/2013
Review By: BHamberger
Pros: - Finally a course that keeps you coming back.
- Nice mix of launch areas
- Clearly marked markers (with actual M's for mandatory)
Cons: - Still a work in progress
- Holes 5 and 6 are notorious places to lose discs
Other Thoughts: Holes 1-4 were excellent, 5-9 were great. Excellent start, cannot wait for completion

Great start

1    5/4/2013   5/7/2013
Review By: jk6977
Pros: - Desparately needed course for this area
- Good mix of fields and woods
- Tight, challenging
Cons: - A few holes need more clearing. No lanes at all = disc golf pinball on #2 and #8 specifically
Other Thoughts: Thanks for getting this going, guys - lots of support coming!!