Fountain Hills, AZ
Fountain Hills Park Share
Uploaded By: bcr123psu Hole #17 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 371ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #17 Approach

Meh.....

1    10/18/2011   10/18/2011
Review By: joereynard25
Pros: Nice mowed grass
Large Tee Pads
Plenty of Water
Some nice LONG tee shots
Beautiful surroundings
Cons: Very little variety in the shots
Bird Droppings Everywhere
Tee Pads are located directly in the line of where the sprinklers water the most so they were wet and surrounded by mud
Other Thoughts: This has the potential to be an AWESOME course. Unfortunately I could have....and basically did play it with 2 discs....a driver and a putter. Do to the lack of variety of shots I played it with the same driver and putter on every hole. Also its a bummer that the lake is reclaimed water.....making it disgusting...so if you have a disc 3 feet from the bank (which I did on one hole) you feel like your going to contract a disease retrieving it. If the baskets were moved to create a greater variety of shots I'd rank this a top course for sure. As it is I'd call it little more than a trip to a nice open field for practice.

nothing special

1    10/24/2009   10/26/2009
Review By: KansasBoy
Pros: decent signs.
baskets at every hole.
grass throughout.
almost like playing a real golf course.
Cons: teepads are circular and rather small which makes for less run up than I like. Some teepads are actually just part of the side walk that goes around the park. I was not impressed at all with these teepads, and some of the placement was horrendous. One hole has a bench and two trees less than 10 feet away, and a little off center. I'm all for obstacles, but this was ridiculous.

This is one of the greenest public places i've seen in the phoenix area. This causes several problems, The biggest problem I had with this course was the difficulty of playing with other park users. Families with picnics set up around baskets. People relaxing in the shade of trees all over the course including trees 15 feet in front of the tees. We had to skip one hole completely and shoot way off target on a few others to safely avoid other park users.
My second issue with a green course: I've played tons of grass courses in the mdiwest. I'm sure it's nice for residents in the area to play something other than rock, dirt, and pine trees, but for me, it just seemed out of place.

There were multiple pins for a few holes, but many times this just meant multiple baskets. I'm used to baskets being moved from time to time not three baskets to choose from on a hole. It was a little tricky since the tee signs were good, but not that good.
Other Thoughts: Overall I was fairly annoyed by this course. Granted I played on a sunday afternoon, so the traffic of other park users was probably at it's worst, but it made the course almost unplayable.

I wasn't impressed with the teepads themselves, and while the course was pretty, it would be more fitting in another part of the country.

I must be too strange

4/11/2006   5/23/2008
Review By: Doktor John
Pros: Beautiful setting
Good use of terrain
Curious pedestrian cheerleaders (a good opportunity to be ambassadors of the sport)
Cons: Too much goose poop all over--especially near the shore (where the geese hang out)--not only do your discs get poop on them (and subsequently your towel), your shoes do too
The holes seemed redundant to me
I agree with the water issue...it is pretty slimy and scary stuff lol
Other Thoughts: I know a lot of people love this course--it just doesn't do much for me.
I know it has a lot to do with my idiosyncrasies (and maybe some others are like me and my take may be helpful)--I do business in the Phx metro area, so it's pretty far to travel for what it offers me