1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. Elevation change. Just like Golden Hills Black Bear they put a lot of thought into some tricky uphill and downhill shots on this course.
2. Hole directions. There are quick left and right turns, straight holes, uphill and downhill, and gradual turn holes.
3. Beautifully placed in woods.
Cons: 1. Length. You can play this course and only need a driver on a few holes. Getting into trouble off the tee doesn't always hurt you, good second shots can erase bad first shots.
2. I play this course a lot but can understand how it can get confusing for new players to find each hole. Not nearly as hard to navigate as Black Bear.
3. 1 long walk between 5 and 6 and one medium walk between 15 and 16.
4. Tee Pads. They are just dirt and when it rains they are a problem. Well marked, but footing can be an issue.
Other Thoughts: I think this is the better of the two Golden Hills courses offered in Christiansburg. I go back and forth but recently have been enjoying what this one has to offer. There is a great variety of holes, lacking only a true long hole. Everything is scored to 3 which makes it easy to keep track.
A round takes a couple of hours to play at most, less if you are experienced and familiar with the course.
Overall a fun experience and a course I recommend to all my friends.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.