Delphos, OH
Leisure Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: smoothie Hole #2

At your Leisure, you'll find a good DG course :)

1    4/13/2014   4/15/2014
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: Descriptive tee signs (each tee sign mentioned to make sure the hole is clear before throwing. and with a small space such as this park, this is essential)

Big enough tee pads. Heck, I've been to many parks that would love to have tee pads like Leisure Park has.

Very hospitable club members! (And from what I gathered I was late for Sunday morning scrambles, which started @ 11 am)
Cons: not enough park space for more holes and some holes bordered neighboring back yards.

this course favored a LHBH player.
Other Thoughts: Given the space that was provided, the local Disc Golf club did a good job with a good recreational Disc Golf course.

I would add a little spice to the course by elevating a basket or two or putting a basket nearer the creek.

Not bad

1    3/27/2014   3/31/2014
Review By: Archangel442
Pros: This is a decent course, and I commend everyone involved in getting it put in. It's very flat, which makes for an easy walk. This course is great for a quick round or two. I played it twice in about 35 to 40 minutes. The course also flows well, with no issues finding teepads.
Cons: While the teepads are easy to find, some of the baskets are confusing. When I stepped on the tee for hole one, I could see 2 baskets. Thinking I had figured out which one it was, I played for it to find that was the basket for hole 9... the other one I could see was hole 7! Hole 1 was behind a tree. While this made it a better hole, it points to the main problem with the course: it's packed in tight. I was the only one there the day I played, but if there were other people, we would have been throwing at each other on a couple pads, and probably in each others fairways a few times. This course also lacks interest. While hole 7 has an ok line, most of the rest of the course is just a matter of getting around a single tree. Most of these lines tend to be anny lines as well, so there's not a lot of diversity.
Other Thoughts: This course was a pleasant walk, and a good break from a long car trip along US 30. I feel the course is packed in tight, but I'm not sure there's much room to work. I don't know if the area behind the building there (I think it's a firehouse) is part of the park, but a hole or 2 back there could space things out. Or perhaps a 6 hole course would fit the park better. I like the holes ok, but there's just not really anything special about this course. My recommendation: don't go out of your way to play here, but it's pleasant enough if your passing by it anyway.

Great course

5+    9/1/2013   9/2/2013
Review By: smoothie
Pros: extremely well marked, great signs
well maintained by city park
restrooms available
great for all skill levels
new baskets
Cons: grass tee boxes
only 9 holes
no trashcans on course
very flat
Other Thoughts: busy park in general with swing sets, horseshoes, etc.
well worth the drive to play