Pine, CO
Bucksnort DGC Share
Uploaded By: ldtrainman Hole #4 (Taken 5/2013)
3 / 118ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Tee: Uphill dogleg into a cave.

< Prev 1 2 3
Amazing course

1    8/14/2014   8/17/2014
Review By: bilen434
Pros: All types of shots required.
No repetitive hole layouts.
Utilizes all of the geography, including a cave hole.
Breathtaking views of the mountains from almost every hole.
Great signage and markers.
Paulie gives you a 10 minute orientation and gives some advice for a few of the holes.

Cons: Some tee pads could be a bit longer.
Other Thoughts: 22 holes on some very prime real estate. This course is a must play if you are in the area.
Shots are prone to horrible rolls.
The rocks tear up discs, even star and champion plastic.
100% worth the $15

This is one of the 7 Wonders of Disc Golf

1    7/30/2014   7/30/2014
Review By: prerube
Pros: My camera died on hole 8, every hole needed to be shared. Views rival any state park or scenic look out.

Flow and navigation is "100% idiot proof" a 3 colored arrow system allows you to find the basket, the next hole, and the safest walking path.

So many holes would be signature holes on any other course. This is definitely the only place you will ever putt into an elevated pine basket in a cave (hole 4)

The amount of risk vs. reward shots is never ending. The roll aways were much less frequent than the other near by courses.

There was a shaded "rest stop" with furniture and water coolers at hole 6.

You are given a course map and a cheat sheet to help you through the course.

Great variety in shots while keeping holes intermediate friendly.

I emptied my bag several holes. (5, 6, 21, and 22 off the top of my head)

Finally, Paulie is a gracious and professional host. He even loaned me a rain coat to keep me dry while I was playing.
Cons: Most cons are rendered mute by this being a private course with only one group per day. I struggled to come up with cons so much that I had to save and come back to add these nit-picky cons.

1. Course terrain is pretty treacherous and not suited for the general public.

2. some chance of disc loss, but discs get returned. Some chance of disc destruction. soft plastics can be chewed up and cracked easily here.

3. You cant just spontaneously play this course. A tee time must be set up in advanced and you must go through a short orientation.

4. If you don't factor in elevation this course does not have a lot of long holes, but with elevation and hazards I felt hole distances were selected well.

5. 18's super shot double mando may be called gimmicky, but its the only double reverse mando I have ever seen, also one hole out of 22 is a great ratio.
Other Thoughts: I have played Flyboy, Renny Gold, Deer Lakes, Hawk Hollow, Maple Hill, and many other quality courses and feel this course can compete with the best courses in the world. If you have an opinion on this review shoot me a PM and we can debate and I can make changes as needed. Much more mature than a thumbs down.

On my drive down the course I saw an entire other course using chime targets. It was tempting, but I did not have permission to play.

Cost $15.

The nearby camping is $55 a night and 7 people can fit in a cabin at Beaver Ranch.

Favorite Course

1    6/16/2014   7/29/2014
Review By: rivetshack
Pros: Since it is a private course, it is rented out to only one group per day. It is fantastic to be able to play at your own pace, have these amazing views and not worry about anything but having a good time. The course layout was phenomenal - easy to navigate and a good use of the land. It is a very challenging course, but my friend who came with me doesn't play very often and he still had a good time. Rock formations, interesting basket locations, elevation changes, technical shots - this course has it all. I have played courses all across the country and even overseas and this course beats them all. If you are ever in the area, definitely give this course a shot.
Cons: Nothing that I can think of. You will want to leave your DX and Pro D plastics at home. With the rocks and the trees, your discs can get beat up pretty quickly, even with good shots.

mountain disc golf at its best

5+    6/10/2014   7/15/2014
Review By: PineBasketBuilder
Pros: What a great course in an area with lots of great courses. Great views of Pine Valley, amazing rock formations to play on and around. Beautiful ponderosa pine forest to challenge players on most drives. Many different shots needed for this course with good putting a must for a good score. Great owners, respect their property and few rules (smoking in designated areas only). Maybe best of the best in the area, great for both competitive and casual players.
Cons: Could be difficult to get a tee time, but once you do you won't be disappointed.
Other Thoughts: I'm a big fan of shorter technical courses, so I love that this course isn't too long with only a few big drives needed. Get Out and Play This Course!

best course I've ever played

2-4    6/30/2014   7/9/2014
Review By: fuzzyg
Pros: This was hands down the best most interesting course I have ever played. It's is absolutely beautiful the location is perfect. The holes are set up with enough challenge that even pros will find it fun. The couple that owns it are the most loving caring most interesting people I've met..... I can't wait for out next mile high trip next year to go and play it again......
Cons: Nothing to speak of
Other Thoughts: Love this course.. I envy the owners that live right on the mountain and can play it as much as they want...

best course in the us

2-4    6/29/2014   7/5/2014
Review By: mrbdizzle83
Pros: The views!
The mountain is yours!
Smoking holes/rain shelters
Water jugs
Cutest happiest owners living a dream.
True test of disc golfing skill. Bring your whole repituar.
My 1st ace on hole 4 the cave hole.
Cons: Dirt pads=foot twist divots that throws off your drive which is dangerous on this course.
The Views make putting hard sometimes they will take your breath away.
Other Thoughts: By far the most beautiful course ive ever played. Well mapped. not to long of a jaunt compared to the other courses we played in CO.

Bucksnort a line of this track

1    6/10/2014   6/12/2014
Review By: invideojim@aol.com
Pros: Breathtaking views, top notch design, absolute serenity.
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: Hands down the best course I have ever played. Impossible to choose a favorite hole. Must return to see it all again. The rest of this rant is just filler...this website requires a certain amount of characters, or something.

Make Sure You Visit This One

2-4    5/31/2014   5/31/2014
Review By: Wise Fool
Pros: -Huge amount of elevation change. There are straight downhill shots, straight up-hill shots, side hill and couple valley type shots. This land had a lot of good elevation change available and it was used well here.
-There are a lot of fun really tricky pin-positions here. A lot of the pin are placed on rocks, behind rocks, or near big drop-offs. This adds a lot of risk vs. reward on approach shots and putts.
-There are a lot of tight fairways on this course. There are a lot of trees on many of the holes. In order to score well you have to be able to hit some tight lines, but the lines never feel unfair, just challenging.
-The rocks on this course are one of the best features of the course. They add a lot of challenge by creating barriers between you and the basket, serving as interesting pin-placements, or knocking down errant drives.
-Benches and trashcans at many of the tee-pads.
-Course is very easy to navigate. There are yellow arrows pointing from the last basket to the next tee. They are very well placed and make it very easy to find the next tee. For baskets that are hidden from the tee, there are orange arrows pointing where the basket is, so you don't have to walk up the fairway to find it.
-There are a lot of very memorable holes on this course. Hole 4 is short shot to a basket tucked very tightly into a tight cave. Hole 7 is tight downhill shot through the trees out onto a rock that looks like a moon rock. Hole 15 is an ace run, but if you over throw the basket very far, your disc will be flying very far down the hill.
-Baskets are in good shape and caught well. I always enjoy the wooden basket that some of the courses in Pine area have.
-Requires a good variety of shots in order to score well.
-Wonderful views
Cons: -The course could use one or two longer holes. None of the holes feel overly long, especially since some of the longer ones are downhill shots.
-The tee-boxes are ok, but could use a little work. I felt like I wanted a little more room on a couple of them and a few of them felt a little slick.
-Hole 13 felt a little gimmicky to me. It is a basket tucked in a shed or house like structure and it just felt a little unnatural compared to the rest of the course.
-There is definitely a chance to lose a disc on this course in some of the underbrush
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a spectacular course. There are a ton of amazing memorable holes. This is an amazing piece of property for a disc golf course and the potential of this property was used very well in the design. This is easily one of the best courses, I've played. If you enjoy fun disc golf, make sure you visit this course.

Premier DGC! MUST PLAY!!!

2-4    5/17/2014   5/23/2014
Review By: Dogman
Pros: Love everything about this course. Each hole is a high risk high reward opportunity. If you don't play smart it will cost you. I had a few bad roll outs that took me from a birdie to boogie real fast.

The scenery is as good as it gets. Bring a camera and plan on the first round taking twice as long as the second round. I could go on and on about the different holes and how cool they were and each was as cool as the last. But instead I think you must go and play in order to truly understand what Bucksnort is all about.
Cons: None! Disc golf at it's best here folks!!!!
Other Thoughts: Bucksnort salon which is about 4 miles away is a must do after a day on the mountain playing. Order the Philly Cheese Steak and a cold beer and look at all the picture you took that day.

Prior to playing Bucksnort you need to make reservations and they only let one group play/day. You can do that by calling Paulie at Phantom Falls. Which is another great and unique DGC.

Every Hole Is A Post Card View!

2-4    5/16/2014   5/23/2014
Review By: aerialaussie
Pros: Views - Unimaginable from every location on this course. It took us 6 hours to play our first round because we stopped like tourists on every single hole and admired the sheer beauty that surrounded us.

Holes: Some of the most unique holes setup along the gorgeous terrain. Challenging lines to hit but not very long. If you want to unleash bombs all day then you are more likely to enjoy Beaver Ranch at Conifer (my now second favorite course ever after playing Bucksnort). The cave hole was like nothing else I have played before, thought I had a great drive right into the mouth of the cave but as I sat down to watch my friend tee off there goes my disc rolling down the mountain. I parked my drive and birdied it the next round though. The 4 - 5 acre enormous rock that you play at least two holes on is like walking on the moon, so picturesque with such a beautiful back drop. The use of the elevation was impeccable without creating such a demanding hike that you were worn out after a single round like Beaver Ranch.

Replay value: 2 or even 3 rounds in a day is definitely a must here but a third round will require a bit less paparazzi time than we spent in awe as we approached each tee pad and basket for the first time. I honestly thought I had died and gone to disc golf heaven and you had to restrain yourself from wanting to empty your entire bag on almost every hole. Of course we couldn't resist that temptation on one of the last few holes that was an uphill shot that had big ace potential into a backstop of rocks, but if you caught edge you could easily roll all the way back down the mountain. Each of us took turns climbing up behind the basket with an IPad to capture video of the others emptying our bags, I got an epic video of my buddy nailing the chains and pole but just splashed out unfortunately. I now visit Denver twice a year and will play this course every time I get the chance.
Cons: NONE, it was that good even though it is relatively new and still adding more amenities throughout!
Other Thoughts: Paulie your enthusiasm and hospitality are untouchable yet contagious and I enjoy all of the courses that you, Rudy and others have put together in the Pine, CO area, but this one is my new favorite course of all time! Unbelievable views from every location on this course and the property owners were so kind and welcoming. The private pay 2 play experience of several of the courses in Pine, CO area with only a single tee time offered per day is something everyone that passes by must try. If you don't enjoy yourself here then you don't have a pulse or you need to check in to a mental hospital!

Must visit the Bucksnort Saloon after your day on the mountain, make sure to ask how to get there because we thought we would never find it but finally did in a tiny nook in the valley below. It is such a unique hangout with amazing character. There are signed dollar bills hanging from every square inch of the ceiling and most of the walls. Highly recommend the Philly Cheese Steak or the feature Burger!

< Prev 1 2 3