Pine, CO
Bucksnort DGC Share
Uploaded By: ldtrainman Hole #10 (Taken 5/2013)
Hole #10 Approach

best course I've ever played

2-4    6/30/2014   7/9/2014
Review By: fuzzyg
Pros: This was hands down the best most interesting course I have ever played. It's is absolutely beautiful the location is perfect. The holes are set up with enough challenge that even pros will find it fun. The couple that owns it are the most loving caring most interesting people I've met..... I can't wait for out next mile high trip next year to go and play it again......
Cons: Nothing to speak of
Other Thoughts: Love this course.. I envy the owners that live right on the mountain and can play it as much as they want...

best course in the us

2-4    6/29/2014   7/5/2014
Review By: mrbdizzle83
Pros: The views!
The mountain is yours!
Smoking holes/rain shelters
Water jugs
Cutest happiest owners living a dream.
True test of disc golfing skill. Bring your whole repituar.
My 1st ace on hole 4 the cave hole.
Cons: Dirt pads=foot twist divots that throws off your drive which is dangerous on this course.
The Views make putting hard sometimes they will take your breath away.
Other Thoughts: By far the most beautiful course ive ever played. Well mapped. not to long of a jaunt compared to the other courses we played in CO.

Bucksnort a line of this track

1    6/10/2014   6/12/2014
Review By: invideojim@aol.com
Pros: Breathtaking views, top notch design, absolute serenity.
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: Hands down the best course I have ever played. Impossible to choose a favorite hole. Must return to see it all again. The rest of this rant is just filler...this website requires a certain amount of characters, or something.

Make Sure You Visit This One

2-4    5/31/2014   5/31/2014
Review By: Wise Fool
Pros: -Huge amount of elevation change. There are straight downhill shots, straight up-hill shots, side hill and couple valley type shots. This land had a lot of good elevation change available and it was used well here.
-There are a lot of fun really tricky pin-positions here. A lot of the pin are placed on rocks, behind rocks, or near big drop-offs. This adds a lot of risk vs. reward on approach shots and putts.
-There are a lot of tight fairways on this course. There are a lot of trees on many of the holes. In order to score well you have to be able to hit some tight lines, but the lines never feel unfair, just challenging.
-The rocks on this course are one of the best features of the course. They add a lot of challenge by creating barriers between you and the basket, serving as interesting pin-placements, or knocking down errant drives.
-Benches and trashcans at many of the tee-pads.
-Course is very easy to navigate. There are yellow arrows pointing from the last basket to the next tee. They are very well placed and make it very easy to find the next tee. For baskets that are hidden from the tee, there are orange arrows pointing where the basket is, so you don't have to walk up the fairway to find it.
-There are a lot of very memorable holes on this course. Hole 4 is short shot to a basket tucked very tightly into a tight cave. Hole 7 is tight downhill shot through the trees out onto a rock that looks like a moon rock. Hole 15 is an ace run, but if you over throw the basket very far, your disc will be flying very far down the hill.
-Baskets are in good shape and caught well. I always enjoy the wooden basket that some of the courses in Pine area have.
-Requires a good variety of shots in order to score well.
-Wonderful views
Cons: -The course could use one or two longer holes. None of the holes feel overly long, especially since some of the longer ones are downhill shots.
-The tee-boxes are ok, but could use a little work. I felt like I wanted a little more room on a couple of them and a few of them felt a little slick.
-Hole 13 felt a little gimmicky to me. It is a basket tucked in a shed or house like structure and it just felt a little unnatural compared to the rest of the course.
-There is definitely a chance to lose a disc on this course in some of the underbrush
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a spectacular course. There are a ton of amazing memorable holes. This is an amazing piece of property for a disc golf course and the potential of this property was used very well in the design. This is easily one of the best courses, I've played. If you enjoy fun disc golf, make sure you visit this course.

Premier DGC! MUST PLAY!!!

2-4    5/17/2014   5/23/2014
Review By: Dogman
Pros: Love everything about this course. Each hole is a high risk high reward opportunity. If you don't play smart it will cost you. I had a few bad roll outs that took me from a birdie to boogie real fast.

The scenery is as good as it gets. Bring a camera and plan on the first round taking twice as long as the second round. I could go on and on about the different holes and how cool they were and each was as cool as the last. But instead I think you must go and play in order to truly understand what Bucksnort is all about.
Cons: None! Disc golf at it's best here folks!!!!
Other Thoughts: Bucksnort salon which is about 4 miles away is a must do after a day on the mountain playing. Order the Philly Cheese Steak and a cold beer and look at all the picture you took that day.

Prior to playing Bucksnort you need to make reservations and they only let one group play/day. You can do that by calling Paulie at Phantom Falls. Which is another great and unique DGC.

Every Hole Is A Post Card View!

2-4    5/16/2014   5/23/2014
Review By: aerialaussie
Pros: Views - Unimaginable from every location on this course. It took us 6 hours to play our first round because we stopped like tourists on every single hole and admired the sheer beauty that surrounded us.

Holes: Some of the most unique holes setup along the gorgeous terrain. Challenging lines to hit but not very long. If you want to unleash bombs all day then you are more likely to enjoy Beaver Ranch at Conifer (my now second favorite course ever after playing Bucksnort). The cave hole was like nothing else I have played before, thought I had a great drive right into the mouth of the cave but as I sat down to watch my friend tee off there goes my disc rolling down the mountain. I parked my drive and birdied it the next round though. The 4 - 5 acre enormous rock that you play at least two holes on is like walking on the moon, so picturesque with such a beautiful back drop. The use of the elevation was impeccable without creating such a demanding hike that you were worn out after a single round like Beaver Ranch.

Replay value: 2 or even 3 rounds in a day is definitely a must here but a third round will require a bit less paparazzi time than we spent in awe as we approached each tee pad and basket for the first time. I honestly thought I had died and gone to disc golf heaven and you had to restrain yourself from wanting to empty your entire bag on almost every hole. Of course we couldn't resist that temptation on one of the last few holes that was an uphill shot that had big ace potential into a backstop of rocks, but if you caught edge you could easily roll all the way back down the mountain. Each of us took turns climbing up behind the basket with an IPad to capture video of the others emptying our bags, I got an epic video of my buddy nailing the chains and pole but just splashed out unfortunately. I now visit Denver twice a year and will play this course every time I get the chance.
Cons: NONE, it was that good even though it is relatively new and still adding more amenities throughout!
Other Thoughts: Paulie your enthusiasm and hospitality are untouchable yet contagious and I enjoy all of the courses that you, Rudy and others have put together in the Pine, CO area, but this one is my new favorite course of all time! Unbelievable views from every location on this course and the property owners were so kind and welcoming. The private pay 2 play experience of several of the courses in Pine, CO area with only a single tee time offered per day is something everyone that passes by must try. If you don't enjoy yourself here then you don't have a pulse or you need to check in to a mental hospital!

Must visit the Bucksnort Saloon after your day on the mountain, make sure to ask how to get there because we thought we would never find it but finally did in a tiny nook in the valley below. It is such a unique hangout with amazing character. There are signed dollar bills hanging from every square inch of the ceiling and most of the walls. Highly recommend the Philly Cheese Steak or the feature Burger!

Best Course In CO!

2-4    7/6/2013   5/22/2014
Review By: TheBrownZombie
Pros: My favorite course used to be Phantom Falls which is right down the driveway from this newer course, but I go to play the 2013 Vibram Birdie Bash which was also the grand opening of this course. I have been there a few times and I am about to go to the 2014 Birdie Bash being held at the same course and this is hands down my favorite course to play in CO now.
-Mix of long, short and technical shots!
-20+ Holes!
-Only $10 to play
-Good mix of up and down shots, some really cool long shots off the sides of the hills ledges

Cool Holes:
-Basket inside of an old paintball building
-Basket inside crack of a rock wall "the cave shot"
Cons: NONE!
Other Thoughts: Everyone in CO needs to check this one out!

Alltime!!!

1    11/1/2013   4/19/2014
Review By: berda15
Pros: I don't even know where to begin with this course. Absolutely nothing I have ever seen on a disc golf course can prepare you for the beauty of this place. Starting from hole 1 you know you're going to need accuracy otherwise it's pine city. Great use of elevation throughout the course with some incredible views of the valleys surrounding the mountain. Also we were there during some snow that covered Beaver Ranch and Bucksnort was untouched the whole day.
Hole 4 deserves mention because you won't ever play anything much like it again. Short hole finishes right into a cave with the basket up in a nook. What you can't see from the pictures is if you hit a pine or roll left its straight down the mountain to double bogey land.
There are too many good holes in my opinion to say any single one is a signature hole...it's that good.
Cons: Seriously?
Other Thoughts: We made the drive out from Oklahoma and Paulie couldn't have shown us any more hospitality. Hook this guy up in the pro shop and keep this place growing.

Unique Challenges

1    4/9/2014   4/10/2014
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Awesome rock formations all over the course. Many baskets are placed in or around these rocks for added challenge, fun and uniqueness. It starts off strong with the basket against a massive rock across a little valley. Hole 2 is back down the valley with an ace run against a rock back board. Hole 4 and 5 are some of the most interesting on the course. Hole 4 is into the cave/crack and is a tough tee shot and tough putt. It is also one of the famous pine baskets. Super short but not an easy 3. Hole 5 is another downhill with a fast green behind the rocks.
-Tees are natural but worked just fine.
-Lots of elevation and risk/reward shots. Not nearly as severe punishment for poor judgement as PF but you can still throw a disc off a cliff by accident.
-This course is designed to be able to hold events unlike PF which is good. It appears to be a larger property with less holes so it is less crammed and no baskets are shared. There is definitely room for expansion and I hear there is expansion in the plans for this summer. I was picturing some more awesome shots all over this property.
-The basket in the building was pretty cool and unique. Even though it was a manufactured obstacle, it was still a legitimate challenge.
-This course is up on top of the hill above PF so the views are a lot better. You can see forever. Holes 8,15,16 especially were memorable views.
-This course is designed with intermediate players in mind but I think that it could challenge most players. You still need accuracy to avoid trees and to place your discs where they wont roll. You also need to think about your next shot as many greens are tricky.
-Paulie is a great host and course designer. It is fun to hang out with him for the day and have him tell you the ins and outs of the courses. He is a great advocate for the sport.
-No junk holes here, all of them are fun and pretty unique.
Cons: -Like Phantom, this course has a hodgepodge of various baskets. Many of them are nice but some of them are single-chained and will spit discs out now and then.
-Could lose a disc here with a really bad shot. The undergrowth is a little worse than Phantom being a newer course but it is much better than most wooded courses. I did find a disc in the open. If you want it back, PM me with a brief description and we'll see if we can get it back to you.
-Definitely a physically challenging course with lots of hiking up and down hills at high elevation.
-Like PF, this course is pay to play ($15) and there is only one tee time every day. This is a pro because you aren't going to be rushed and a con because it can be hard to get onto. I would say that this course is a must play regardless of the cost.
-Tees are natural (see pros)
Other Thoughts: -You probably should take a few days to visit this area if you are from out of town. This course as well as Phantom, Bailey, and Conifer are all must plays for everybody.
-I camped for free about 10 miles away from here in the Buffalo Creek National Forest area. Highly recommended. Especially for free.
-Paulie allowed me to play this course after Phantom and I was joined by two others, thanks to Dan and Stephanie for the camaraderie and great round.
-This course had a super high fun factor for me. I look forward to returning someday and maybe bumping this rating up to a 5.

Bucksnort

2-4    3/23/2014   3/26/2014
Review By: aldoraine
Pros: The course is beautiful and pristine
The course is fair to both lefties and righties
The course is a high risk high reward
The course is laid out in a way that is thorough in thought
The course is a masterpiece by Paulie
The course is my favorite and I dream of the shots
Cons: It's a mans course- you can't be no punk off the streets- you know what I mean.... Earn your keep
Bucksnort has some tough terrane and needs to be respected
Difficult to find cons on a course that is so close to perfection
Other Thoughts: Take some time to enjoy the view on 16