1 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Very few. Holes are short/tight so it doesn't take long to play. Low possibility of losing a disc.
Cons: Baskets are FUGLY (that's f'n ugly!!)!! Tee boxes ARE cement BUT are pointed in the wrong direction in some cases due to baskets being moved. Signage might as well be taken down - they are FUGLY also.
Other Thoughts: Could be upgraded and be a MUCH nicer little course. The 1.5 passable was generous!
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Most boring course ever
Pros: The pros? Well you can fit 3 rounds in one hour. You can't loose your disc. The course does make good use of what its got area-wise.
Cons: Very boring. Flat with a couple of trees equals no fun. Not challenging at all. I did play with a couple guys who knew the alternates which did make things a bit more challenging. Overall, I would never go out of my way again to play there. Also, the signs and baskets were worn and dated. The local gov't needs to update they're parks badly.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
More fun than it looks on paper
Pros: 1) Massive oak trees make this course what it is. They are sprawling, large, and their limbs can create a low ceiling to throw under.
2) Massive concrete tees add the the quality of this course because the sandy soil when wet could be slippery and soft when really wet.
3) Some might consider the hard fast greens with no turf to be a negative, but I kindof like it. It really makes you think twice about an ace run and about going for longer putts. You can easily get an additional 10-20' on a missed putt with no turf, and drives can easily skip as opposed to digging into the turf. I like it because all of the greens are pretty consitant.
4) Beginner friendly course because it is mostly open. I always appreciate a course that caters to all.
5) Garbage cans at the parking lot . . .I thoroughly enjoyed watching the squirrels climb down the trees and into the garbage cans looking for food.
6) This course can be played quickly. I played two discs simultaneously and finished in under 30 minutes.
Cons: 1) Turf is thin and compact from years of use. Supposedly one of the oldest courses in MO.
2) Some of the concrete tees are a little damaged and cracked.
3) DGA signs are old and some are worn off. Hole #7 sign is missing altogether.
4) 5 and 6 fairways cross and create a bottleneck in the corner of the park when they could easily not cross and still have 2 good holes back there.
5) Concrete sleeves around the baskets are rasied, will do damage, and can affect some shots as they come in.
6) Shallow Mach baskets that have lots of damage and inconsistancy and do not always catch that well. S hooks create the inner rings after being welded or attached to the baskets. They are helpful but at the same time somewhat inconsistant. These chains do not have a ring holding them in their place at the bottom, which would help tremendously in how they catch.
7) It seemed like a few of the holes were redesigned and because of the baskets being moved the tees are not pointed the right direction.
8) A little close to a few fences and houses, but you really shouldn't throw outisde the fence areas unless something freakish happens. Regardless, I have a feeling that is why the course had to be redesigned, because of errant throws ending up in their properties.
Other Thoughts: This course has a fairly high rating despite its poor condition. It is still fun to play despite all of its issues because you have to plan your route on each hole. They are mostly hyzer holes but not all of them so you do need to execute a couple different shots to score well.
This is not an outstanding course by any means, but it still can be fun. Just another course played for me, and it was close to my hotel so I chose this one over any of the others in the area.
I got out of my car, and started walking to find the first tee and saw a penny on the ground. I bent down to pick it up and accidentally set off my car alarm with the panic button, so I apologize to any locals who live right there.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Flashback To Da Past
Pros: This course is 9 holes in a small residential area. These are all straight-ahead, semi-short, and wide-open holes. This is a simple back and forth layout with old tree shade. The tee signs were recently updated with some nice hand drawn maps. The layout is simple enough to follow along. There are some mystery alternate tees that the locals were telling me about. They use the same baskets to make a "make-shift" back 9 that they use for their league.
Cons: This place is very crowded most of the time. This was actually the most people I have ever seen on one course at one time. The holes are not challenging enough to keep the boredom from setting in. There is no bathroom or trashcans. The park is not well maintained, but at the same time, there is enough of it shaded that the grass does not grow that tall here. This course seems to be constantly evolving. Two of the holes have changed distances from the new tee signs already.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor was just OK for me. Nothing unique or exciting about this place and the holes all seemed about the same. It is worth seeing a 70's style course at least once, but I doubt I would make a 2nd trip back.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.