Springfield, MO
Oak Grove Park Share
Uploaded By: dudiablo Hole #6 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 241ft.   3 / 330ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

The college course

5+    9/25/2012   10/1/2012
Review By: Bigben932
Pros: Concrete tees. 9 holes. Optional pro holes marked with little square rock(however I haven't found all of them yet. Nice baskets. Lots of parking. Friendly people.
Cons: Where to start. There might be a lot of cons, But this is still the most enjoyable course near MSU.
1.Lady that lives at the end of Hole5 had a lot of "stuff" in her yard and isn't willing to help you get your disc back.
2.Hole 2, I had the problem for a few years shanking my shots to the right and land in every yard. Most years on hold to are accessible, However there are a few stops where you will lose a disc FOREVER
3.Hole 7. I hate that hole. All years accessible except the Black spiky gate yard directly to the right of the tee( don't ask, terrible shot)
4. Crowded After 3pm
5. Crowded Until Sunset
6. Did i mention Crowded
7. Lots of dog walkers
8.Mostly shorter style holes
Other Thoughts: everyone is friendly beside hole5 lady and a few people on hole 2 side. Not very challenging, but a fun course for everyone. My everyday course. I play closer to sunset time and drive an orange katana, feel free to join.

Some people don't know what Four means. (ie: lots of beginners)

My Favorite Course

5+    4/11/2012   4/12/2012
Review By: drdupree
Pros: You have to understand that part of my rating is that the park is just a few blocks from home.
Challenging fairways with lots of trees.
Most of the yards have gates on the park side which makes for easier disc retrieval.
Cons: "B" Tees are not all marked. Some have stone markers, but others are just worn places.
Other Thoughts: It helps to make friends who know the "B"s. Everyone I've met there has been most willing to show me.