Belding, MI
Smash Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: apdrvya Hole #5 (Taken 8/2013)
-- / 217ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Dem Trees

1    9/27/2013   10/1/2013
Review By: sgamerp
Pros: Baskets - Nice New baskets that are easy to see from the tee. Green Poles

Park - Has bathroom at entrance, good amount of trash cans and beautiful course that is only used for disc golf in the area

Sings- Has tee signs that show where all the holes are and the distance. (They are small, but I heard they will get new ones)

Routing - easy enough but i noticed on some holes they had the next hole arrow(Not sure if all as some you didn't really need it)
Cons: Challenge - The course is pretty small and pretty repetitive. Nothing over 300

Trees - This is on a tree sanctuary, which adds to the over all beauty of this course, however you can not cut down certain tree which makes some of the lines horrible. I want to let it be known that I think this is a double edged sword of this course, but makes for more of a Con. Maybe with a few more times out this will change, but it seems t be the biggest flaw.

Management - There are a ton of stumps that are being worked on getting removed, I am sure this will change, as this is a new course, but it's still a big flaw as there are a ton of them.
Other Thoughts: From what I heard they are adding another 9 holes, with one over 700 feet. The course is good, and things will change as will my rating.

For right now, this course it not much more then a Pitch and Putt course, hopefully with a back nine added it will add to more than that.

I think if you are in the area be sure to go to Fallasburg, or Bertha Brook too, as you can play this one in a quick 45 minutes.

In a way this course kind of reminds me of Bertha Brook Mini.

______________________________________
If you do not like my review, please give me what I can improve to help. Thanks!