Baytown, TX
Jenkins Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: c_a_miller Hole #18 (Taken 6/2013)

Best For Miles Around

1    9/10/2013   9/10/2013
Review By: bogeymanjr
Pros: Jenkins Park is a great disc golf course and just what this area needed as there are not too many others that are close. I enjoyed my round here. The layout was good for using the land well in the park and had some good challenges throughout. My favorite holes were: # 5 with its throw over the bayou-excellent birdie hole; # 6 which is also an excellent birdie hole. # 9 is a great challenge with its trees in just the right spots, narrow fairway, ob's and elevated basket. # 13 with its "grip and rip" open fairway. And I had to like # 14 as I got birdie with a 100 foot sunk putt. And, of course, # 18 with its elevated basket. Great signage and excellent concrete tees made this course a joy and privilege to play.
Cons: The only con I can name here is the wind a person can encounter on the wide open holes. Otherwise I see no other cons at this time.
Other Thoughts: This is a disc golf course that was a long time coming for the city of Baytown. I was glad to come out this day and experience it with a couple of friends. This is a great course and worth the trip out to play. I know I will do so again sometime.

1    6/13/2013   6/18/2013
Review By: griff17
Pros: Great concrete tee pads, new innova "28"baskets, good mix of holes, risk/reward-path ob's on the front 9 mk you think about your shots. Back 9 offers a different style of play, 5 of 9 holes over 400 , but with similar risk/reward. Fun course.
Cons: Back 9 is more open , but course was designed with new growth trees in mind .
Other Thoughts: I try not to be biased, as I offered design input on this course. I can give some insight into the design process . The front 9 landscape lent itself easily for a fun, moderately wooded, "park golf" design . Back
9 is different in landscape, more open, and lent itself to a bigger arm style of play . 5 of the back 9 holes are over 400 with hole 13 being 750ft, it was designed with new growth trees In mind to shape a great 60-70 dt wide fairway in the future. Holes 15 -16 are just over 300 and offer hazards in the form of thick shrubs/trees . Well placed shots provide a birdie chance , while errant can be punished . Hole 17 offers 3 distinct options off the tee , lefty or righty safe play hyzer , or the big turnover or hyzer flip center gap (much tighter) that Players would have to thread to reach the pin for a two. I'd encourage players to think thru some of the obvious hyzer lines ,as they may be "sucker bets". My last thoughts , fun course , good mix, great course for turny play and will get better when the trees grow in.

not bad!

1    6/11/2013   6/11/2013
Review By: ZPEN
Pros: kept up well, nice tee boxes, easy to follow, I like that 1 and 10 start at the parking lot. great to play front or back 9.
Cons: still kinda under construction, no tee signs yet, no numbers on tee baskets yet.
Other Thoughts: watch the ditch on hole #5, hole 10 to 18 are great for the distance shooters and 1 to 9 for the accuracy.