3 Helpful / 6 Not
Amazing course unlike everything around here!
Pros: - Great layout one of the best 18 hole courses I have played in Michigan
- The Gulch Hole 14 looks like hole 7 of USDGC this year. This hole is a love it or hate it hole but if your a real golfer who has played in a top tier event things like this hole are the norm so nice to see it in casual play.
- Clean well loved you can tell by all the obvious raking done on the course on a forest floor.
- Benches and trash cans were there when the course opened why doesn't everyone do that!
- Different from 90% of the courses in michigan laudington is the only place to play a course like this
- Mixed shots I tossed disc regularly that I pull out once or twice at Hudson or independence, it will teach you how to use your disc.
- Mixed holes with some solid ani shots.
- Ace Pole I love that idea it's cool to see everyone using it to sign all there aces here great idea and something I am sure we will see on more courses soon
- 10m bricks are just awesome to see on every hole, and the blue is tasty
- Art is everywhere the fence sections on the gulch, the hand made donation box, the maps on the cards, the hole signs, the directional signs and my favorite the welcome sign is unbelievably cool on this course who does that its a hand carved sign just such an amazing detail to see on this course it took me from "nice course"to "best course"
- A great location its closer to Brighton than Kensington and right next to DQ and 10 minutes from 2 other courses and CJs
- Pads are the perfect size there not as long as Hudson but wider and longer than Brighton rec
- Pro pads are not just length extenders they make a different course turns some easy shots like 14 into a difficult at best shot
- Bottomed pines and olives hope it stays
- Elevation is used to its full potential and pays off big.
Plus unrelated to play but still worth mentioning
- Running trails do not interfere with the course and some serious good looking girls seem to love to run through there
Cons: - Mixed tees wish it had 18 pro pads
- Long walks between 4/5 and 14/15
- Eats disc
- Miss marked hole 15 there is a card on it but come on its a quick fix to fatten out the carving to make it straight a waste to see it weeks on and STILL not fixed
- Clear out the Left hand and sidearm route it's playable but to tight on a lot of holes my buddy loved the course but thought a lot of attention was paid to make ani routes but not sidearm ones he did like hole 9 clearing the top was trimmed out enough he was able to side deuce the hole.
- Few ripper holes which I like but for some may be a negative only holes 2, 15-17 let you do some big ripper shots. It's a technical course and rewards accuracy.
Other Thoughts: Compared to Hudson or Independance it's so different
With Hudson it's 1-4 extras, 14-18 you can tear your arm out ripping shots or Monster which is 1-7 easy 2 shots from am pad or last Indy which I love but 2 rounds of Indy your arm with melt off from the stress barely a technical course just big arms.
It's slick to see a course of this caliber in our area.
3 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Not open yet but awesome course
2 Helpful / 15 Not
Pros: Very Hilly Course, with big elevations, 5 holes that are my favorites Hole 6 is an awesome up hill, 7 with the crazy hillside on the left, hole 14 "The Gulch" is just beautiful and hole 17 is so different then any other hole i have played
Cons: Not enough trash cans, only 9 pro pads and not enough benches, there are 9 benches on the whole course needs more seating out there with hope some damn picnic tables. Practice basket looks like it was just placed there and never really cleaned up
Other Thoughts: The front is open about the only places to grip and rip is in the last 15-18 on the front. holes 1-3 are fun open holes and hole 4 has a crazy opening to hit. Holes 5-13 are in the back, nice mix cool ace pole on 13. Hole 14 connects the front to the back. Neat layout.
2 of 17 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.