Manson, IA
Featherstone Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: DerekTonn Hole #1 (Taken 10/2014)

Flat and OK

1    7/3/2016   7/3/2016
Review By: cydisc
Pros: - Good shot variation
- Two tees per hole
- Logical flow
- Few conflicts with other park facilities
- Good descriptive signage. Although some of the distances were labeled incorrectly.
Cons: - Small tee pads
- a few 'tweener' holes (too long for par 3, too short for par 4)
- Favors rolling on too many holes
Other Thoughts: This is a park on the north shore of North Twin Lake. The day I was there, it was absolutely packed with campers and boaters. Most of the course is away from all the bustle, but there are a couple of holes that will have parked vehicles and a bike path some into play. The park is dead-flat, but has enough mature trees and shrubs to make things interesting.

There are quite a few low-ceiling shots that would favor rolling. I don't mind a roller hole here and there, but I think the air shot should be the desirable shot on the majority of holes.

Plodnar's Travel to Manson

1    9/6/2013   9/6/2013
Review By: TwistnShout
Pros: Nice weed free 9 hole course.
Easy to navigate with some fun layout for a little challenge
Good roller course
Some nice trees to navigate
Cons: The tee pads are way too short and have some trippable edges so I just sidled them, I guess this would be my biggest complaint.
Other Thoughts: Nice piece of land that could easily handle 9 more holes.
Other than the tee pads, I did enjoy the course because it wasn't easy but neither was it too hard...it was fun but unless I am in the area, I won't travel the 40 miles it is from my home just to play