St. Louis (Florissant), MO
Sioux Passage - Original Share
Uploaded By: fairweather_fan Hole #1 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / 414ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Mountain of potential

1    7/10/2013   7/15/2013
Review By: KoenigStern
Pros: - Massive fairways for grip it/rip it drives
- Gorgeous park
- Length of grass creates realistic fairway
- Decent selection of different shots, especially on back 9.
- No nearby parks, so no people or kids in the way, with the exception of hole 16 [basketball court]
Cons: - Tee signs are in front and in back of tee, first time playing, it was hard to determine which direction I was throwing. [threw to wrong basket on 11, threw to 16]
- Tee signs also don't have a map
- It doesn't have the greatest flow. You have to drive about a 1/4 mile to reach back 9.
- Tall grass on back 9, hard to find discs
- There are prickly weeds behind hole 14, my friends legs got mauled, and the thing is, pin C is back in the thicket.
- Lack of utilities [bathrooms, water fountains]
- The course is a bit out of the way from I-270.
Other Thoughts: I loved this course because of the open fairways. Holes 1, 2, 6, 13, 15 and 16 were very fun to drive on. I had my furthest throws on 6 and 13. I may have more cons than pros because it was my first time playing and I live an hour away. I wasn't pleased with the flow of the course, the non-informative tee signs, the tall grass and high incline uphill shots. I enjoyed the front 9 much more than the back 9 simply because the back 9 is hard to navigate. My friend and I drove off of 11 and shot on 16 [it was a fun hole, haha] and we couldn't find tee 12 until we decided to skip it and then found it once we stood on 13's tee. We threw a few times in the tall grass and spent an average of 10 minutes looking for a disc. With it all said and done, we played a 3 hour round of 18, which is way too long for 2 players. The park recreational department can do much more to make this course a pleasing experience. I can see this course being a great course if they would simply make better tee signs with maps, signs pointing to next tee, cut fields of tall grass [but long enough to be seen as "rough"] and better baskets [wasn't really an issue] I would love to replay the course with a more updated tee sign/map system, but until then, the hour drive is not worth it.