College of Western Idaho
Pros: This is a great beginner or short range improvement course.
-Baskets with numbers
-Short range practice
-Every hole a putter can be thrown
-Decent variety of shots needed
-Quickly play a round (easy 40 minutes with two people)
-Easy location to find, close to freeway
-Fall/Winter canal is shallow and discs can be retrieved
Cons: -Signs would be a nice touch
-Course Design (I think the space could have been used a bit better. Some distances between teepads could have been reduced and created a longer hole)
-Start and Finish are opposite sides of the course
-Would be nicer to finish by the parking lot
-No distance holes
-During spring/summer the canal is over waist deep and discs can be lost
Other Thoughts: All in all a great beginner or midrange/putter course, but not much beyond that
If I had a backyard this big...
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Simply put, in my mind if I had a well maintained backyard with a few smaller young trees and I wanted to put in a disc golf course, I would put something like this in!
- Concrete tee pads that point directly to the basket that they are associated with.
- Baskets clearly marked with their hole number 1-9.
- Very good baskets, they didn't go cheap on them!
- Great beginner course, I've been looking for a short course nearby to take friends and family to that I can introduce them to disc golf.
Cons: - I personally don't care for courses that start and end on opposite corners of the play area. Hole 1 tee pad and hole 9 basket are as far from each other as they possibly could have made them.
- Holes 8 and 9 are on the other side of the canal, kind of separating themselves from the rest of the course.
- If it weren't for being on this site and finding this course there, I would have never thought to look at the front lawn of the CWI campus for a course.
Other Thoughts: Great use of the space they had in front of the campus building. Because there is a canal nearby, my Brother in law and I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, bring BUGSPRAY! ;)
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Concrete tee pads, solid pins. Well marked. Excellent beginner course.
Cons: Holes and tee pads are very short. Advanced players will likely find the course boring. As a beginner course is excellent, except for the canal that runs along side several holes.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.