Nampa, ID
College of Western Idaho Share

1    7/8/2013   12/25/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
Pros: #8 and #9 are interesting holes that take good advantage of a row of trees.
There are many trees on the course. Even though the holes lengths are short, you'll have to be accurate on your tee shots.
Nice grassy park setting.
Cons: Too many short holes (<200').
Scary big and fast flowing canal beside a few holes.
Start and finish are quite far apart.
Other Thoughts: This course won't challenge an experienced player except for holes 8 and 9. I was disappointed when I played it because I had just watched a TV news story about the Treasure Valley's new DG course. I was hoping that it would provide an alternative for the always over-crowded Ann Morrison Park. I don't think many players will spend much time here. However, it is a great place to take a beginner because of the many short holes. I did score a 9-hole personal best score of -7 here, but there should be an asterisk beside this one because of the short length.

College of Western Idaho

5+    10/8/2013   10/8/2013
Review By: BeastMode208
Pros: This is a great beginner or short range improvement course.
-Concrete teepads
-Baskets with numbers
-Short range practice
-Every hole a putter can be thrown
-Decent variety of shots needed
-Quickly play a round (easy 40 minutes with two people)
-Easy location to find, close to freeway
-Fall/Winter canal is shallow and discs can be retrieved
Cons: -Signs would be a nice touch
-Course Design (I think the space could have been used a bit better. Some distances between teepads could have been reduced and created a longer hole)
-Start and Finish are opposite sides of the course
-Would be nicer to finish by the parking lot
-No distance holes
-During spring/summer the canal is over waist deep and discs can be lost
Other Thoughts: All in all a great beginner or midrange/putter course, but not much beyond that

If I had a backyard this big...

1    9/3/2013   9/4/2013
Review By: Salki12
Pros: Simply put, in my mind if I had a well maintained backyard with a few smaller young trees and I wanted to put in a disc golf course, I would put something like this in!
- Concrete tee pads that point directly to the basket that they are associated with.
- Baskets clearly marked with their hole number 1-9.
- Very good baskets, they didn't go cheap on them!
- Great beginner course, I've been looking for a short course nearby to take friends and family to that I can introduce them to disc golf.
Cons: - I personally don't care for courses that start and end on opposite corners of the play area. Hole 1 tee pad and hole 9 basket are as far from each other as they possibly could have made them.
- Holes 8 and 9 are on the other side of the canal, kind of separating themselves from the rest of the course.
- If it weren't for being on this site and finding this course there, I would have never thought to look at the front lawn of the CWI campus for a course.
Other Thoughts: Great use of the space they had in front of the campus building. Because there is a canal nearby, my Brother in law and I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, bring BUGSPRAY! ;)

1    6/25/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: theabacus
Pros: Concrete tee pads, solid pins. Well marked. Excellent beginner course.
Cons: Holes and tee pads are very short. Advanced players will likely find the course boring. As a beginner course is excellent, except for the canal that runs along side several holes.