Taylor, WI
Riverside Park DGC Share

They had the right idea

1    5/28/2016   5/28/2016
Review By: wolfhaley
Pros: The eight baskets that were there were all in great shape and caught well. The park would never seem to be busy as it's in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. The course is free and up all year round. There's a mix of tight, wooded fairways with open prairie type shots and park type hole (allegedly).
Cons: I can see what they were going for here as far as design. But with no tee pads or signs this makes it very difficult to play as intended. The course was not maintained well if at all on most parts of the course. The "fairway" on holes 8 and 9 was waist tall and it's not even june yet. Also holes 2 and 3 I assume, the rough is overtaking the fairway. The rough is brutal, the fairways are brutal, no tees, no signage....no nothin'. Don't even bother. There's a small river nearby so the bugs can be rough too.
Other Thoughts: Unless you live near here or have to play everything like me this is NOT going to be worth your time and energy. Since this isn't really near anything find something better that's further.

Don't bother

1    8/2/2013   8/5/2013
Review By: Stardoggy
Pros: There was baskets. There seemed to be decent basket placement. The property was OK.
Cons: No teepads. No signs. Am I just supposed to make up my own holes? I think that's the idea here. We found random baskets placed around the park, but I'll be damned if we could figure out how they were supposed to be played. We saw a couple benches, which we assumed were teepad areas, but who knows.
Other Thoughts: We were out looking for a couple 9'ers we could play, and came upon this complete waste of baskets. Maybe they're going to install signs and teepads at some point, but not on this day. Skip it and spend the extra time to go to Justin Trails.

Happy to provide the first review

1    6/20/2013   6/30/2013
Pros: 1) Excellent variety of hole types with some park-like, some tight wooded and some open prairie type holes.

2) Water can come into play on a couple holes.

3) The chance to air it out and also force yourself to throw safe straight shots in the woods makes you have good course management.

4) Small town park kind of removed from a lot of traffic so I am sure this course will not often have many people on it.

5) There is one basket located across a small bridge in a little opening in the trees. It is an awesome approach shot after your drive or you need to layup at the bridge and take your risk on a 50-60' putt.

6) The design of this course is excellent using the best features on the property by far.

7) The potential is here if maintained well and a few things put in for this to be a really really good 9 hole course.
Cons: 1) Bugs were terrible but this was also the wettest spring I have ever seen.

2) #8 and #9 had not been mowed, I assume this is abnormal but I am including it here as a warning to people as I am unsure if they normally more those fairways. I had to walk through 4' tall grass and I even fell into a hole up to my knee because I couldn't even see it.

3) I definitely saw poison ivy in spots on this course so be careful.

4) No teesigns or locations that I could find to indicate an actual tee.

5) No garbage cans so please pack it in and pack it out.
Other Thoughts: This course is definitely worth a visit, I just hope they mow those last 2 fairways.