Mt. Pleasant, MI
Deerfield Park - Wildwood Share
Uploaded By: BogeyNoMore Hole #18 (Taken 7/2013)
Hole #18 Long Tee

Very impressive course

1    9/14/2013   9/14/2013
Review By: killmodell
Pros: Best tee pads I've played...long with an extra section in front with name of course is a great touch.
The holes are varied and quite challenging and play very differently depending on long or short tees.
Navigating from hole to hole was a piece of cake.
Cons: I suppose having to pay 6 bucks a car can't be considered a pro, but two out of three times no one was there to collect...
Other Thoughts: We have played here three times now, both courses, and have seen ZERO pieces of trash. Coming from mostly city parks, we can't begin to tell you how impressed we were. We will play here EVERY time we come up to our cottage forever :)
You all should be very proud of what you have created here... A fantastic 36 holes in a beautiful and friendly park.
PS. LOVED the pear tree !!!

Unadultered and in perfect condition. A new favorite.

1    8/11/2013   8/13/2013
Review By: apparition
Pros: + Above all other pros for this course, the most important is that Wildwood is in incredible condition for being so new - it already seems seasoned
+ Rough is not too harsh - really, I promise!
+ Only three holes where a spotter is a good idea
+ Immersive layout maximizing the benefits of the wooded environment and terrain changes
+ Appealing and almost perfectly balanced hole layouts with evolving changes in pin placement, distance, tree coverage, obstacles, risk vs reward, etc.
+ Almost perfect tee signage: different colors with hole #, par, and length
+ Dual concrete tees of appropriate size engraved with "Wildwood" at the ends (just long tees?)
+ Short tees sometimes change holes completely (ie. #8), rather than simply shortening the distance or providing a cleaner look
+ Fairly easy to navigate due to awesome Next Tee signs pointing in the right direction; walking paths have already taken shape (except for #1 pin to #2 tee)
+ We never got confused about Wildwood vs Deerfield
+ Signature hole: #18! Loved it!
+ Several other memorable holes
+ Appropriate par levels throughout
+ Combined with Deerfield… wow
+ Clean nature area with more going on, but the course area is devoted to disc golf (except Original hole #2's volleyball court that I've never seen in use)
+ Pay to play = clean, sustainability
Cons: - Only one Next Tee sign for each hole, but one for each tee (or additional blue/white arrows) would be perfect
- We missed one of the long tees due to the directional arrows, but the short tee had a huge rock behind it and the hole was a straight ace run, so we liked it
- The tee signs could be improved by diagramming pin position (use the map and look ahead)
Other Thoughts: I don't know why, but I have this strange feeling that Wildwood is in its perfect condition right now and will only get easier and less visibly stunning over time. I am so happy with how the course was designed and finished and I don't want to see it change.

Several times while playing Wildwood, I was reminded of the Toboggan course in all its disc crushing glory. The Toboggan course earned its reputation and maintains it in part because it's not permanent. Every year it's in pristine condition because it's not open long enough for it to get thrashed. Right now, that's how Wildwood feels. The fairways and walking paths are carved and crisp, the rough isn't overwhelming but it definitely increases risk vs reward, and the disc golf is really exciting. My advice is to play here as soon as possible. Do not wait until next season. If you're at all interested in that glorious pristine and unadultered experience of throwing through woods that haven't been changed by mother nature or destroyed by juvenile delinquent disc golfers, you HAVE TO come play Wildwood now.

That being said, Wildwood is simply an exciting and fun course. The only minor issue that could be altered to bring Wildwood up to 5/5 for me, is if they added layout diagrams to the tee signs and added separate directional signs for Blue vs White tees. I'll be a little bummed as the course begins to grow in popularity and Deerfield becomes a major Michigan hotspot for top notch disc golf with more crowds and whatnot, but I can't imagine there will ever be a course closer to me that I like more than Wildwood. If you've heard hype about Wildwood, believe it. If you haven't, start hyping it up!

Thank you for reading!