Course Extinct
Dewitt, MI
St. Francis Retreat Center Share
Uploaded By: smokebeerdg17 Hole #4 (Taken 7/2013)
3 / 265ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

A hole lotta meh...

1    10/21/2013   10/21/2013
Review By: apdrvya
Pros:
Aesthetic-- plays through a back area of a christian retreat center. I believe the area is shared with a cross country trail but I could be mistaken. you cross a lot of other areas that could be used by other activities so be careful.

Baskets-- Chainstars, reasonably visible on most holes. in great repair, super grippy.

routing and nav-- next tee signs have been added and make routing relatively easy.

Teepads-- I don't mind natural pads and these aren't bad. they aren't overly rutted for grass pads.
Cons:
Teesigns-- the teesigns are little more than a pole with a number on them. they don't even point in the correct direction to know where you should be throwing. they point in a random direction that is NOT related to the hole direction.

Design-- this course is pretty obviously not designed by an avid disc golfer. there is far too much repetition with the basket being on the right side of the fairway and the tight fairways with massive amounts of rough on either side. the amount of prickers are pretty immense here and the poison ivy is thick.

Boredom-- overall this course is boring, uninspired and repetitious. perfect for people at the retreat but not for the everyday disc golfer.

Other Thoughts: I had no issue playing this course just showing up. I didn't have to pay anything and no one bugged me about it.

average course

1    7/28/2013   7/29/2013
Review By: Balrog
Pros: Easy to navigate
clear/mowed fairways, although some of them are extremely tight.
Course offers good shot variety, plus a mix of a few open holes, a few woods holes, but majority are "brush" holes.
Cons: Thick rough on alot of holes and the fairway is only about 10' wide, if your off it you might be looking for awhile.
Not much at all for elevation on the course
No water holes.
A lot of the holes blend together after awhile, I can't think of any holes that "stand out" to me. Although I liked a couple of the "park like" holes set in the lines of trees.
Other Thoughts: On a few blind holes, spotters will help alot.
This course is new, so hopefully the rough gets broken in, and that will make the course easier to play. I'm not sure how much play this course will get though as its private and the allowable playability seems limited with the time restrictions and "reservations". I only live about 15 miles away, but I don't see myself playing this course again in the near future. There are a couple better "public" course options in the area.