Stacy, MN
Rieger Olson DGC Share
Uploaded By: TJM1977 Hole #8 (Taken 8/2013)
3 / 312ft.   -- / --   4 / 446ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #8 Tee: Basket is way down on right after pine trees end

Nice little 9

1    9/17/2013   9/17/2013
Review By: Badgerman
Pros: 1) Interesting variety of shots, good use of land available.
2) Good mix of wooded and open, often on the same hole. The only wide open shot is #9, feel free to bomb it here.
3) Easy to navigate.
4) Nice clean, quiet park.
5) There's a nice map at the beginning
6) Dual tees and nice new baskets.
Cons: 1) Sand burrs covered most fairways, I spent 10 minutes at my car when i was done picking them off my shoes and pants.
2) If it ever got busy here, parking might get a little dicey
3) No distance listed on signs or tees.
4) The map at the beginning shows inaccurate short tees.
5) Only 1 trash can, but the course plays so quick there's not a huge demand for any more.
6) #8 is confusing, you actually have to hook right to make it to the short tee, throw about 200 ft more then hook to the right again to hit chains.
7) As stated in the previous review, the tee boxes are a mix of sand and gravel which is not a good choice for stability, watch your step!
Other Thoughts: All in all, this was a pleasant surprise to find in such a small town, I will absolutely play again if and when I'm passing through.

1    8/19/2013   8/19/2013
Review By: timj5304
Pros: *Brand new Course
*Nice discatcher baskets
Cons: *tees are bad, in our 1 round there we had 2 slips on the tees causing small falls. There are rocks on the teepad, these are different than any course I have ever played. Would prefer just dirt tees to these.
*Extreme danger, hole #2 long teepad tees across hole #1 fairway. We had 2 groups on the course and thankfully we were all spread out well or there could be a disc going for someone head.
Other Thoughts: All in all, its a course with a few decent shots, the course has potential, It was only put in the last month. I rated it so poorly based on the 2 falls on the teepads and the poor design on hole #1 and 2. Down the road it can move way up with a couple small changes.