0 Helpful / 5 Not
A little over hyped in my opinion
Pros: Good baskets and tee pads, nice mix of shot types, pro level 18 hole course,
Cons: Some of the layout is a little goofy, I've only played once but I was glad I was with people who knew where they were going.
Other Thoughts: Based on what I was hearing about this course and it's own self righteous description as the "country club of disc golf" I had high expectations, overall this is just you're average 18 hole course that has enough long shots and challenging hole layouts to be considered a "pro" course, I guess to me it didn't really live up to the hype but it is a solid course overall
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Great variety of shots, some long and some short with a mix of wooded and open areas. Very challenging in some spots, but the challenge is just enough to make it fun and keep you coming back. I played while it was raining, but even before it started raining, traffic on the course was low.
Cons: Can be confusing if you haven't played the course before, signage is not the greatest.
Other Thoughts: Some of the wooded areas can be unforgiving so do your best to stay on the fairway or you could spend quite a bit of time looking for discs. Steep cliff of the right side of #3. Not much elevation change on most holes, which can be bad or good, however you want to look at it.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 4 Not
Not for Noobs
Pros: - Makes you chose your shots carefully
- Very challenging for better players
- Nice restroom facilities and places to fill your water bottles
- Good use of elevation
Cons: - Very confusing hole layout
- Grass was pretty long when I was there
- Lots of places to lose discs
- Some overgrown trees could use a trim
Other Thoughts: This course is definitely not for new players. There are some really long holes and VERY tight fairways. Your first time playing, be sure to go with someone that has played before. The hole layouts are very confusing.
2 of 6 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Needs a map
Pros: - Great restroom and facilities near the beginning of the course. Ample picnic tables to rest at
- Two tees and two pin positions for each hole.
- Alternates between wooded and open quite well.
- Practice basket.
Cons: - Quite a few missing signs.
- Heavy rough in some areas can be tough to find a disc in.
- This is a very large park and the disc golf course utilizes all of it. Expect long walks between holes and also expect to not always know where you're going. If a local could draw up arrows that point you from the basket towards the next hole or for Y intersections where you aren't sure which path to take this would be a much better course.
Other Thoughts: - It's a scenic course with dedicated land for disc golfers that presents plenty of challenges but the navigational issues take this from an excellent course to merely a very good one.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.