Great atmosphere Fun Course
Pros: The front 9 holes has concrete tee pads and a variety of holes that offer length and technical work.
The owners are wonderful people and are proud of their course.
Ask for a tour of the course in the golf cart with no brakes best ride you had in a while.
Cons: The back 9 has gravel tee pads but according to owner that will be changing soon.
Other Thoughts: The course is in a beautiful valley and can be extra challenging in the wind. good use of elevation changes. The clubhouse sells cheap beers for your round.
Strange... but not bad
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: * Sits on a BEAUTIFUL piece of property
* Nice and consistent tee pads
* Great variety of lengths and hazards (also see negatives)
* Super friendly and helpful people running this private facility
* Great baskets
* Some very interesting shots involved on later holes
* Non-disc golf note: Awesome 18-hole natural grass miniature golf course on site!
* Some holes require a strong arm, but... (see cons)
* Hole 6 is great!
* Course is very secluded
Cons: * Some very short, wide open (putter) holes included
* Water/marsh land can be an annoyance on a couple of holes (I love water hazards as much as the next person, but hole 8 can be kind of ridiculous, unless you have a huge arm, or simply lay up).
* Inconsistent layout (can be a pro or a con, I suppose)
* Lack of wooded holes, as most (1,2,3,4,5) are wide open with few shot-shaping obstacles. Obviously formed out of a ball golf mind-set
* Hole 9 is a ridiculous 215+ degree dogleg. Quite simply an impossible (un-disc-golf-like) tee shot
* Course resides in the middle of nowhere...
Other Thoughts: While playing this unique course it became fairly obvious the course designer was not too familiar with disc golf. This is certainly not your average disc golf course design, which is sometimes positive, but at other times annoying. The land owner is doing a great job of landscaping the area (a lot of the land is still under construction). There is talk of the inception of a second 18-hole course. This land has GREAT potential. My only hope is that a great course designer will be involved in the conception of the next course; and that most of the holes will take advantage of the woods and elevation that surround the area.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.