Lake Stevens, WA
Lake Stevens DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #15 (Taken 5/2010)

Small Beautiful Course

2-4    8/6/2011   8/19/2011
Review By: Clempson13
Pros: This is a gorgeous evergreen course with a lot of holes located creatively in a small area. I spent half the time I was playing the course taking in the scenery since I'm not from the area. The baskets with blocking chains definitely threw in a different aspect to the game I hadn't seen before and I actually kinda like them; really made the course more technical.
Cons: Downsides to this course would be the short hole lengths and the intersecting/proximity of holes to one another. There were a few holes where the map said the basket was up and the left a bit, look out there and I see three baskets.... That kind of made it challenging. Graffiti on the trees were somewhat helpful, but were really an eye sore.
Other Thoughts: I didn't get to play the course when the "bogs" were full of water, but I can definitely see how these would make the course more complex as I played around/through the dark spots where they usually are. Also take care to avoid the ferns with a wayward disc...it can be pretty hard to locate it in them.

wierd baskets

1    8/30/2008   11/4/2008
Review By: Starwraith169
Pros: very technical with lots of trees. You certainly have to have accuracy. Its really pretty inside the trees. Different elevation shots.
Cons: The course has these wierd looking half circle baskets with bars over the top and different chain placements. It definitely added to the difficulty for a shorter course, but I hated the design. Also, the course was really confusing for lack of signs to the next hole. I also hated how they spray painted all the trees. Its really an eyesore.
Other Thoughts: Please change out those damn baskets. I wouldnt think that you could have a PDGA sanctioned tourney there, because I know those baskets are not approved.

Not Thrilled With These Baskets!

7/21/2005   3/2/2008
Pros: It's a lovely setting for a course played mostly under some tall pines trees. The course is well designed, challenging and probably seldom crowded.
Cons: It has these funky baskets that I've never seen anywhere else. Each basket is different from the others so no two putts are ever the same. In fact, two identical 15 foot putts on the same basket can have totally diffterent difficulty ratings depending on which side you're putting from. I found them to be distracting, annoying and downright frustrating. Not right for the serious disc golfer! It's gotta be wet and boggy there during the winter months.
Other Thoughts: Lake Stevens is quite a ways off the beaten track. I think it's a shame that the baskets distract from such a beautiful course.