Lake Stevens, WA
Lake Stevens DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #7 (Taken 5/2010)

1    12/8/2012   12/8/2012
Review By: Ranger Rick
Pros: Variety is the spice of life! Uphill; downhill; over the river, and through the woods. There are holes for everybody!

Egg baskets - I like them (and hated them at times) because they are different and add something that made this course unique!

The Swamp - not so much a swamp; more of a seasonal wetland, but it creeped it's way through the course, ready to rear it's ugly head at any minute. I had to go fishing a couple of times, but it's not so deep or unforgiving that you can't retrieve an errant disc without too much trouble.

Tee signs - great signs overall, though a few have been vandalized. With so many trees and elevation difference, the signs at each tee made it much easier to find the basket!
Cons: Mixed tee boxes - some where concrete pavers (thumbs up) and some were gravel (thumbs down).

No course map, here or onsite.

Painted trees - though they helped immensely to help me find the next tee box, I didn't care for the spray paint on the trees. I understand that it is a necessary evil, but still made the course look a little trashier.

Some baskets were close to each other, and I had to walk up to them to determine which one I was shoot at.
Other Thoughts: I had a really good time! There were plenty of people on the course, and everyone was friendly and courteous. One gentleman offered to play with me to show me around ( I declined, but it was a very nice offer), another group let me play through, all in all, the locals were friendly and helpful!

The course is short, but very technical (which works great for me as I am a newer player, and haven't developed a strong arm yet). I played the whole course with just two discs - a Buzzz, and a Warlock, and the only problems I had were of my own making.

What it lacks in distance, it more than makes up for in the fun department! I plan to make this a regular stop on my way home from work, or when spending some time at the lake nearby

The Ultimate Challenge

1    4/20/2011   5/3/2011
Review By: MrNiceFella
Pros: Very challenging course. Egg basket style pins make it especially challenging. Heavily wooded, good elevation changes, plenty of hazards. Lots of fun!
Cons: All short distance shots. Needs concrete tee pads. Someone spray painted numbers and arrows on trees to direct you from hole to hole. This looks terrible and it is a shame that this person didn't have more sense than this. Some good signs would have prevented this from happening.
Other Thoughts: Water in the bog is very cold! Avoid it as much as possible.

short and sweet

1    3/6/2011   3/6/2011
Review By: Robinhood
This review was updated on 3/10/2011
Pros:
The best and worst of Lake Stevens DGC are the Unique Egg Baskets which will really challenge your putting. Technically Challenging lots of trees, narrow fairways and bog hazards. Good layout, and use of land. Well marked and easy to follow layout.
Cons:
Unique Baskets can be frustrating to putt. Muddy at times. lots of tree damage, some are about chopped down.some missing signage, but blaze markers are on the trees to the next hole. short shots on most hole, I would have liked to see a little more distance.
Well worth the trip, I will be back for sure. It would be nice to see a little more length on the course, but overall very good use of the space.

lots of recent blow down trees, and mud, lots of mud.

5+    8/7/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: Duanel
Pros: Very technical, this course will definitely teach you how to be accurate. There is enough of a variety between holes to make it exciting.
Cons: Watch your step on a few of these holes between the 'Bog of Eternal Stench' and various steep hills. Oh, and I really hate the baskets. Many's the time I should have had a par or bird and was denied by stupid placement of chains.
Other Thoughts: Did I mention I hate the baskets? Because I do. The locals seem to be proud of them, though. Bully for them! Anyway, the layout more than makes up for the baskets. I really enjoy the course and play it multiple times a month. I don't really care for the baskets, though.

Correction: CAN play during school hours

5+    7/30/2009   7/30/2009
Review By: JamesD
Pros: HerbDeaf's review of 3/19/2009 stated "you can't play during school hours".

I believe the only restriction during school hours is not to play hole #12, which is right next to the school.

Since there ia a hole #19, you just play that and still get a full 18.

Real classy

5+    4/4/2009   4/4/2009
Review By: menmabassguitar
Pros: Technical tight tree shots. Its right next to a Elementary school so its always well kept.
Because of all the hills and trees its pretty dry this time of year.
I play this course every week, it gets littered with people around afternoon times
Cons: short holes. and no trash bins really,

there appears to be a real "pack it in, pack it out" miss-understanding

The last two holes are aimed at one another, I've already seen someone get hit in the head with TWO frisbees!
Other Thoughts: Use Caution around other players and when school is out

Lake Stevens Jungle Adventure!

6/19/2007   3/30/2008
Review By: weum107
Pros: Very thick, beautiful scenery and some big views. Lovely Park with a very Costa Rican feel to it. Not too tough to navigate...and who doesn't love a 19th hole tee box!
Cons: A little tough to find from interstate. Discs must be watched carefully as they can easily be laid to rest at this course. Very thickly wooded course. Ultra fun.
Other Thoughts: Had a blast here and met a cool local fella. Watch for the foliage and keep an eye on those drivers...spent a fair chunk of time scanning the brush for my Gazelle. Worth the journey to get there....not too hard once i asked for directions in picturesque Lake Stevens. Fun and rewarding!