York, NE
York College DGC Share
Uploaded By: Chained Evil Hole #9 (Taken 5/2014)
Hole #9 Tee: Basket is up on top of the hill.

Feels like something is missing

1    5/2/2014   5/8/2014
Review By: Chained Evil
Pros: Good use of the elevation and trees that the lay of the land provides.
There are both short length holes and moderate length holes here.
There is a small steam that comes into play on holes 7 and 8.
Some holes are open and some have a few lines that need to be hit.
Hole 2 was the best hole in my opinion with the basket on top of what appeared to be an old railroad bridge.
Cons: As others have stated some of the tee markers are hard to find(like 4 and 5).
Grass could hide discs in spots because when I was there in early spring it was pretty shaggy.
Baskets could really use a number sticker on them to help with the navigation.
No other amenities so prepare yourself beforehand.
Other Thoughts: Signage would definitely help this course tremendously. The shots are here but the navigation for the first time user isn't very good. I highly advised using the map.
If these issues were addressed, basket numbers and signage, it would definitely bump this course up a half disc for me.
I enjoyed my round here I just wished it was a little less confusing at times. To me the variety of shots on this course is better than its cross town sister course. Not a destination stop but worth the play if you have the patience to overlook some flaws.

basket 2 is a signature placement

2-4    3/29/2014   3/29/2014
Review By: bigchiz
Pros: Powder coated baskets Mach IIs, nobody else was playing, shots are a good length (need more than just a putter), and basket 2 is a signature placement. Couple anhyzer shots, couple hyzer shots. Decent nine hole course.
Cons: Tricky to find the tees, they are bricks in the ground with a number stuck on them and not always facing the basket. A couple baskets had the number written on the center pole with a sharpie. Locking tabs are not facing the tee.
Other Thoughts: FLOW GOES AROUND THE PARK IN A COUNTER CLOCKWISE DIRECTION. Drove 45 minutes from Lincoln to try the course and would do so again.

Lots of Potential Here

2-4    9/4/2013   9/9/2013
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Lots of little elevation changes, ridges, etc. The land here is relatively small but it could make for a great 9 hole course.
-Nice blue baskets
-Some water in play for added challenge
-Right next to campus and very easy to find. You can see 9s basket from the street and 1's tee is a marker in the grass to the west of that (closer to the street).
-Some good challenging lines to hit and elevation to contend with. I really liked hole 2 once I played it right. It was a tunnel shot with a short steep uphill at the end. 3 might have some good elevation too depending on where the tee is.
-A few chances for aces here.
-No trash at all.
-A few blind shots which can make a round more interesting.
-Distances are all different as far as I can tell. Nothing super short or long but a good mix.
Cons: -Hard to navigate. I think the course might not be fully done. I couldn't find the tee markers for 3,4,5, or 6. No signage at all.
-Can lose discs, I did. It makes me even more bitter because I was throwing at the wrong basket because that is how the set-up looked and there was no signage.
-Holes 7 and 8 are pretty rediculous right now. Not really and good lines or landing areas. Hopefully they get broken in a little so they can be respectable holes.
-No tees, again its just the square marker on the ground which can be hard to find.
-Noxious weeds all over the rough. It is hard for me to truly enjoy a round when I am worrying about that kind of stuff.
-Again, this course is in the early stages of development but there are no amenities like garbage cans, bathrooms, benches, etc. There was some trash building up already.
Other Thoughts: This course has a ton of potential. It could be one of the better 9-holers that I have played when it is all said and done. The land is great but it will take some better navigation tools like signs, tees, etc and enough people playing the course to keep the weeds down and open up some of the lines.
I think even in its current condition, this course is more fun that Mincks Park which is also in town. That course is flat and open and just not all that much fun.
Best of luck to those developing this course. Thank you for all your work so far.
I would like to stop by and play again in a few years and see if any progress is made here.