Webster, NY
North Ponds DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #3 (Taken 6/2016)
3 / -- Par / Distance:

Decent for what it's intended for.

1    8/26/2016   8/26/2016
Review By: gbbiv
Pros: Nice space. Well maintained. Options to make a fun and moderately challenging course. Water in play on a couple holes.
Cons: No signs or tee markers.
Other Thoughts: I played early in the morning on a Friday... Only saw one walker on the course not sure if it gets worse at other times. I followed the basic flow my first time around and it's a bit wimpy as mapped. Second time around I made my own course following the basic out and back flow and I really enjoyed it. In my home town I still have to play object golf so making up a course is no problem for me, glad to have baskets and options.

Used to be fun...

1    6/22/2016   10/24/2013
Review By: timg
This review was updated on 6/22/2016
Pros: It's a disc golf course. If you're a beginner you might enjoy a round here assuming you can find the tees.
Cons: Other park goers will always be an issue at this course. It is generally pretty crowded with people fishing, walking, etc. The redesign took the walkers out of the picture but the first 3 holes are still in high traffic areas. There's also a ton of goose poo on this course, land mines everywhere.

No marked tees, you need to ballpark them using a map. Some of the baskets were also put into the wrong spots which was confusing and made me do a double take on the map to make sure I was playing in the right order.
Other Thoughts: In an attempt to make the course more beginner friendly, all the fun factor and challenge from the previous layout was sacrificed. Beginner tees and a slight redesign would have done the job. Insteads it's now a poorly marked, putter only affair. If you're going to make a course geared towards beginners, it really should be better marked. I have a feeling people will just play basket to basket or safari layouts assuming the course gets much play at all.

I used to play North Ponds on occasion in the past as it was very close to my old place. With the changes, I don't think I'll be making a return trip any time soon.