Lockhart, TX
Lockhart City Park Share
Uploaded By: Cgkortz Hole #4 (Taken 4/2015)

Not great. Not bad

1    7/12/2015   7/15/2015
Review By: texhop58
Pros: This course is more of a 2.75 range. I went with the lower 2.5 over the higher 3 because of the teeboxes and the poles in which I will cover.

*well shaded
*easy to navigate-(only one hole not visible from tee pad)
*good variety for location
*park area is strictly disc golf
*good use of land
*subtle elevation changes.
*big poles that are visible for next teebox. (
*well maintained.
Cons: *natural tee box/gravel so can be slick
*BIGGEST complaint-tee signs are in front of pads. I felt like I was going to break an arm
*not a lot of parking
*short
*small back walk on 7 and 8 creating almost same shot, but I don't see any other way for park to flow.
Other Thoughts: This was a pleasant surprise. My wife wanted some famous Lockhart BBQ and I found the course was like a quarter mile away. I talked her into letting me knock out this course. Besides the awesome smell of BBQ in the air, this is a solid 9 hole course for what it is. Austin is a disc golf Mecca and 20 minutes away. This is a local park so locals can enjoy the game without the drive. Look like locals have designed a second 9 hole they play. You will see marked sticks in ground. This course relies on its trees. You hit your lines. The course is birdie city. I did ace run a few and paid the price, by having to walk through the 6 inch high stream to get my disc. I would not recommend going to just play this course. But If you are in the Austin area and decide to make the trip for famous Lockhart BBQ. Then this course is well worth the extra stop.

If you're passing through getting BBQ, this course is worth playing

1    11/3/2013   11/3/2013
Review By: JerryChesterson
Pros: - Lots of shade
- Brand new targets
- Fairly easy to navigate
- Well manicured park
Cons: - Tee poles are right where your arm swings when throwing, kind of dangerous
Other Thoughts: This is a short course that you can play in 20 - 30 mins. If you are passing through town, its worth a look.