Mt. Pleasant, IA
Iowa Wesleyan College DGC Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #4 (Taken 9/2013)

Actual Course at IWCDGC

5+    1/15/2014   1/15/2014
Review By: hulkstra93
This review was updated on 1/27/2014
Pros: It is carved through the campus with the trees setting up perfectly. Buildings and landmarks come into play and may have to bail out in tough places.
Cons: it only has 4 pins and during the top of any hour during the school day and their possibly could be traffic depending on the hole.
Other Thoughts: Me and a fellow friend created the IWCDGC. We are the students that got the baskets set up on course during the fall of the 2013 year. The link that is the same as this review title is the actual map of the course. The course starts by student life and you play from the number on the map to the pin location. (as said on the course map). We were only able to get 4 baskets on the quad area but the 9 hole course we have created is fun to play with its tree lined view and also tough in the same aspect. THIS IS THE ACTUAL COURSE MAP. STUDENTS PLAY IT THIS WAY AND WILL BE DIFFICULT TO PLAY WITH THE "4" HOLE PIN MAP ORIGINALLY ON THIS SITE. Enjoy!

p.s. Sorry the link that is the map is called Course Map not basket locations
-Hulkstra93, IWCDGC creator

Nice Campus Recreation, good for the sport.

2-4    9/13/2013   9/16/2013
Review By: MidwestZest
Pros: - Just 4 baskets, placed on the central lawn, but actually placed in 'usable' places.Can create quite a few fun shots for yourself with where they've placed them. I found 9-10 feasible lanes for fun holes.
- I played through at night, which is entirely feasible, since campus is well-lit. Actually had a blast creating shots. Could see students or intramurals playing rounds in the evenings, when foot traffic is sparse.
- Would be fantastic for HORSE.
Cons: - Not really a 'course.'
- No tees, obviously.
- Must throw across common walkway areas, sometimes near roads. Could throw across roads when traffic is slow, but that gets dicey. I did not.
- No suggested course map or anything, which I'm sure is out there, or will be shortly. I'm sure the students have some standard, designated tee areas.
Other Thoughts: Not worth a stop unless you're just itching to see it. The campus IS very pretty, and you will see pretty much all of it. I have family that lives a couple blocks away, so I can see myself walking over to play when I'm wanting a break or to get out and do something. Probably a great study break for the students.

I'm eating the words of my original review

5+    6/9/2016   9/5/2013
Review By: RussMB
This review was updated on 6/10/2016
Pros: -Scenic course that plays through the Iowa Wesleyan Campus.
-There is a course layout. You will need a map, but finding a local that knows the course is better.
-Convenient for the Students and Faculty for playing in between classes or on a break.
-Nice Disc Nation Baskets
-Has a decent lighting from the street lights, that you could throw with a glow disc and be in decent shape.
Cons: -Baskets are located in the common areas, so one has to throw across many walking paths, around buildings, and over parking lots. This course is subject to pedestrian traffic.
-Only 4 Baskets.
-No Teepads, only general unmarked tee areas (See Map).
-You will also throw over the road.
-When classes let out, it can be near impossible to want to throw a round here.
Other Thoughts: They say that first impressions are everything. My first impression kept me from giving this course a second chance. I wrote it off because I didn't know the layout, and it only had 4 baskets. On this particular evening, two years later, one of my friends talked me into to playing here. He convinced me that knew the layout and that I should give it a second chance.

Well Dammit, I played here and had a good time! I immediately knew I was going to have to redeux this review. It was nice out, there was picturesque scenery, and some surprisingly good lines to throw. Much to my chagrin, I had fun!

I'm not saying it's a destination course for everyone. I wouldn't drive here for this course alone. I live here, so I can come back at my leisure. But if I was: a visitor in town; I was a student at IWU, or I just lived in town, I wouldn't mind playing a round here. It can be fun if you are with a group that knows where to go.

The key to playing this course, is to know the layout. You WILL need a map, (Found in the Links/Files Tab) but I'd personally recommend hooking up with a local that knows the course.

Still... It is what it is. A 9 hole course with 4 baskets. If you don't know where you are going, you will get frustrated. Just find a local and don't underestimate it. Keep in mind that you are on a school campus. Don't show up when classes let out. Students can and will flood the course area. Here is my finale: I enjoyed myself and I was wrong about this course.