Traverse City, MI
Hickory Hills Share

Insensitive traffic and lots of it.

5+    5/17/2010   5/17/2010
Review By: LangWu99
This review was updated on 9/19/2010
Pros: Some incredible scenery
Plenty of elevation change
For the most part great hole design
Concrete tees
Epic hole 19
Some generous pars
Cons: Lots of dirt
Huge amount of traffic on even a crappy day
No bathrooms anywhere on the premises
Errant throws can result in a major search.
Road on the last three holes is nasty on your discs and have a very thrown on,non thought out feel.
Other Thoughts: The more I play this course the more aggravated I get. Its not any fault of the course but the horrible people I've encountered that play it.Today was a nice day and the traffic was ridiculous. We were waiting for people who were waiting and the people who were waiting behind us were damn rude. There was a group that didn't even ask to play through and came right up to the tee to throw after our group had already thrown and after much searching I"m certain they took off with my ace disc that I was unable to find. What nerve, it has me so angry I can't sleep

If you want to be able to enjoy this course go on a week day early in the morning, Hole 19 is always a pleasure to throw a few discs on. The view of the bay is worth the taxing hike to the top I promise. Traverse City has enough players they would definately benefit from another quality course to ease some of the overwhelming traffic.

1    3/8/2009   4/6/2010
Review By: sgamerp
This review was updated on 6/19/2012
Pros: it was a very good place to play but could be very seasonal i played in the almost summer season and there was a lot of snow even though it was a good and sunny day(i wore shorts)
Cons: i lost a disc.
Other Thoughts: fun to play a lot of good shots, not a good place to play in the mid seaons areas cause there is a snow build-up

No Wimps!

1    5/5/2009   6/28/2009
Review By: xrockfistx
This review was updated on 6/24/2013
Pros: Challanging I guess could be a word for it, although it isn't quite the word for it. Very clean maintained course. Locals are pretty friendly too and are interested if you are from other areas. The signs are easy to follow and no need to worry if you are in another person's fairway.
Cons: TIGHT, TIGHT fairways. MANY, MANY, MANY trees. And so many hills. You are consantly walking up hill. No offense but, you aren't physically fit in someway, you are not making it up this course.
Other Thoughts: Improved my game in a new way but, I never got to use my main drivers really because, of how the shots where. Deffinately favors straight shots. And if you hit a tree, happy hunting.