Keene, NH
Otter Brook DGC Share
Uploaded By: solomon.trenton Hole #8 (Taken 9/2013)
3 / --   3 / 275ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #8 Approach

A work in progress

5+    7/18/2014   7/19/2014
Review By: KLydon
This review was updated on 8/20/2014
Pros: +Great hole layouts
+Good mix of uphill and downhill
+Has come a long way in the last 12 months
+New tee boxes are fantastic
+Technical and challenging!
+LEAGUE NIGHT
Cons: -Some trees/branches still need to come down
-It can be quite muddy after a rain
-Might be too wooded for newbies
-Course isn't finished.
Other Thoughts: For a newer course it is fantastic. Once the rest of the tees are in place and a back 9 is installed it will no doubt be on par with other great courses nearby. I come here multiple times a week and love supporting the course and club. If you are in the area you should definitely check this great, woodsy course out!

Lovely course in woods

1    12/27/2013   12/29/2013
Review By: Chezziebr
Pros: Trees, terrain, rather difficult. After 9 holes I was tired.
Cons: Its steep in some areas, and we played in the snow, so if you are not sure-footed you might want to wait until spring. Otherwise we loved it.
Other Thoughts: The course is rather challenging for how short it is. Loved the technical tree holes, the elevation gain/loss for each hole, and the overall lovely-ness of the area.

This Course will be a Gem

5+    9/26/2013   9/26/2013
Review By: breck66
Pros: Two tee pads for each hole, gorgeous setting, dramatic elevation change, plenty of risk VS reward shots. Almost daily improvements are being made. Local league is drawing new players to the sport
Cons: Tee Pads are natural but will be upgraded next spring, gets soggy in spots after heavy rain,
Other Thoughts: As the co-designer and head worker for the course I am obviously biased, that being said, I have played for a long time and know what constitutes a solid design and decent layout. Otter Brook Park will challenge you, require every shot in your arsenal. She will provide you with moments of joy, followed by agony that will only leave you wanting to come back again and try to master her. Back 9 is flagged and marked but work will not begin until I have a solid crew of workers supporting me. If you are in the area come check it out, and hit me up for a guided tour, I live 3 miles away and am usually on the course Sat-Sun

New 9 Hole in Keene NH

5+    9/22/2013   9/24/2013
Review By: rcj333
This review was updated on 4/19/2014
Pros: This is a new course in town and thusly "my" course. Also I am a beginner disc player. Otter Brook is nicely laid out and I think has a nice variety of holes. Despite the fact there are a ton of trees, I feel like this is a pretty forgiving course. When I mess up, I still feel like there is a shot to be made to get to the basket.
Cons: Course is not quite done. Needs better Tee boxes and signage. Word is that 9 more holes are coming in the spring. It is a work in progress and could be a real gem in the next couple years.
Other Thoughts: It is on Army Core of Engineers land. So you park in the Otter Brook Dam area in the summer and play from hole 1. After Labor Day, the gate is closed and you need to park at gate and walk in. The 5th hole is where most start and is on the right hand side of the road just after the fork in the road. Hole 7 is the hole that can wreck a round. Ace opportunities on 2 and 9.

Great New Course

1    9/10/2013   9/10/2013
Review By: Adventureortiz
Pros: I played this course 2X's around today and was loving it. This course has some great varied terrain and I would call it a classic NH course (miss the tree and you are golden... hit it and you swatted 100 feet off course). Lots of woods but they have done a great job clearing out fairways. It was easy to follow a really great location. Love all the streams and the open forrest. It has both an A and B tee for almost all holes which was great. I particularly liked hole 3 which was this fun downhill through the woods.
Cons: This course is VERY new. This is only a con because I want more people to get out there and play and break this thing in.
Some of the Natural tees on uneven or slopey terrain. LOTS of water and streams but nothing you would really loose a disc in (except on hole 6... some swamp that I missed both times but I can imagine a disc getting buried in it.) of course I was playing after a storm so what do you expect. It is and will likely be a pretty wet course after rains but you can see where they have done a lot of work to contain the water flow and some rough log bridges have been put over stuff.
Other Thoughts: This is an AWESOME 9 hole course that is brand new. It still has some of the work crews equipment out there. I have sat and looked at the map of courses in this part of New England and was surprised there wasn't one. NOW there is... and it will be a great one. Fun layout. I am very appreciative of all the hard work these folks put into the course. This is going to be a great one. I can envision nice bridges and paths throughout... already some benches and picnic tables. I would love to volunteer some work on the course so I will pursue that... Get out and play this one and help "break it in".
I will likely come back and upgrade this review after they finish it... still has paper signs and such but you can see where they are going!